chapter 22

Karina didn’t hesitate. It’s better to know the problems first and then get rid of them in any case.

“Bad news.”

“No. You need to hear the good news first.”

Karina frowned. If he’s going to be like that, then why did he ask?

“I thought Mrs. Bloe would say she’d hear the good news first.”

Wilder explained with a slightly apologetic face.

“That’s usually the case.”

“Is that so?”

“Hmm, at least the people here are. They’re trying to comfort themself with hearing the good news first.”

“Isn’t it comforting to have good news in itself?”

“You can’t say that until you hear the exact details.”

“Okay. So what the hell is the good news?”

Karina wasn’t very interested in the order. Wilder will tell her both anyway. She felt Wilder just passing the time by talking about this and that, it just made her more curious about the news.

“First of all, Mrs. Bloe’s current phenomenon will disappear within three days at most.”

Karina was relieved. Wilder seemed to have no intention of firing her and spoke as if nothing happened. Of course, it’s also good news that this phenomenon would disappear in three days without any action.

“For three days I have to avoid contact with plants as much as possible.”

“Yeah. If you’re thinking of quitting this job and opening a flower shop, feel free to touch plants anytime.”

“That’s too bad. If I had the money to open a flower shop, I’d quit right away.”

Wilder chuckled as if he liked Karina’s joke.

“It’s a good thing Mrs. Bloe doesn’t have any money.”

“What’s the bad news?”

Karina rushed Wilder. She was nervous because Wilder was making a big deal out of it, but the good news turned out to be nothing much when she heard it.

Karina didn’t think this strange phenomenon would last long anyway. The bad news seemed insignificant, still, she couldn’t help but be nervous.

“The bad news is…”

Wilder’s voice sank even lower.

“Mrs. Bloe shouldn’t use magic in the future.”

“…What?”

Karina bit her lips and asked. She couldn’t believe what she just heard.

“Why…”

“This will happen every time the lady tries using magic. How are you going to handle it?”

“…!”

Karina breathed in. Her head was pounding as if a giant bell rang right next to her and she couldn’t think of anything. She couldn’t even ask for a detailed explanation.

Because if she heard it, even the hopes that remained in her would be shattered. Wilder looked at her pitifully.

“Don’t be so heartbroken. Mrs. Bloe didn’t do anything wrong. It was just bad luck.”

“…”

“You must be wondering why. It’s simple. Kind of your physique.”

She felt dizzy.