chapter 37

“Teatime…?”

Karina stared blankly at Astrid.

Astrid held on to her skirt so tightly that the knuckles of her fingers were clenched.

“Yes, my tea time.”

Astrid spoke clearly.

Karina hurriedly shook her head.

‘Where did the maid go?’

The maid named Andrea clearly looked like a woman with common sense. It didn’t seem like she was the type to just watch the princess invite a commoner widow of unknown origin to a tea time.

“But princess, I’m…”

“Is it because I didn’t send an invitation?” Isn’t this an official invitation?”

Karina tried to say no, but Astrid spoke quickly.

“It doesn’t matter since Mrs. Bloe lives in the separate building. So…”

Astrid swallowed her dry saliva. Her vocal cords trembled with tension.

“Come.”

Astrid was really desperate.

‘…’

Karina recalled carefully the facts she knew about Astrid.

Princess of Tors, the duke’s younger sister with a lot of age difference, a good student, can be arrogant but is considerate of others and never has a bad temper…

‘She’s lonely. This child.’

Karina slowly opened her mouth.

“Alright. But only until the children’s classes are over.”

“What?”

Astrid looked confused.

“How can we have tea time now…!”

“Can’t we drink the tea now?”

Karina shook her head.

It’s not even a meal, and most likely there won’t be a fixed time to just have a drink.

“If there’s a time the princess had in mind, I’m sorry. But I don’t think I’ll have time other than today. Excuse me if you want another time, I refuse…”

“O-OKAY. WE’LL DO IT NOW!”

Astrid immediately shouted and covered her mouth in shock at the sound she had made.

Karina couldn’t help but laugh.

“Why are you laughing?”

Karina spoke honestly.

“Because the princess is cute.”

“I’m not cute.”

Astrid exclaimed, she turned back and began to take the lead.

Karina laughed once again because that was the appearance of a person who knew so well that she was cute. This time quietly so that Astrid won’t notice.

“Did you laugh again?”

“I got caught.”

“…”

Astrid didn’t say anything. But Karina could see the hidden smile of a girl one head smaller than herself.

Karina couldn’t hold back her curiosity.

“In any case, where’s your maid princess?”

“Andrea? Do you want to see Andrea?”

Astrid reacted like a spark. Karina shook her head and answered calmly.