chapter 33

Claude’s forehead frowned.

“Miss Terrace, didn’t you say that Astrid was a good student? If you’re upset these days, I’ll…”

“It’s not.”

Miss Terrace shook her head.

“On the contrary, she’s able to follow the level of education far beyond her age.”

“So there’s nothing wrong with Astrid.”

Miss Terrace answered in a hard voice.

“Yes. I didn’t mean to dare to tell that there was a problem with her.”

“Then the problem is…”

“It’s me.”

There was no emotion in Miss Terrace’s voice.

“What do you mean? Miss Terrace is the best tutor I’ve ever seen. There can’t be a problem with you.”

Miss Terrace bowed her head politely.

“Thank you for the compliment, but I’d appreciate it if you could understand that the princess is so excellent that I can barely handle only if I put all my energy into it.”

“That’s why you can’t accept these two children.”

“Yes, the princess is learning the amount of what three tutors would teach under normal circumstances.”

Claude clicked his tongue low.

“Yeah, Astrid does cover the day.”

“In this situation, it’s too much for me to get another student.”

“I see.”

Claude groaned quietly. Miss Terrace continued to talk whether her employer did or not.

“If I take charge of these children, it’ll affect the princess’s education, but my pride doesn’t allow it, so please understand.”

“Even if they don’t need to be taught for a long time because they are young children?”

“It takes a lot more time to prepare because they’re children I’ve never taught before.”

“Right. It’s a shame.”

Claude looked genuinely disappointed. Karina wondered why he insisted on Miss Terrace’s education so much, but she didn’t intervene. Either way, both are people who are much higher status than her. There was no need to scratch and make a rustle. After Miss Terrace left, Claude spoke with an apologetic voice.

“I’m sorry. But I’ll look for another tutor.”

“It’s okay if you actually don’t send anyone. It’s not like it’s a big deal if they miss school for a while.”

Claude replied with a voice that seemed unwilling to allow any refutation.

“There are things that can only be learned at that time. It’s not only for the lady but also for the children’s sake, so I hope you won’t refuse.”

Karina couldn’t contain her curiosity.

“I don’t intend to refuse if you send me a good tutor. But, why did you insist on Miss Terrace?”

“Because she’s the best.”

An absurdly simple answer came back.

“And she suits well.”

“In what way?”

“I’ve called all the famous tutors, but they were all too coercive. Astrid was so nervous that she vomited.”