Things are Complicated

While Mirabel assured everyone that she was "fine", Isabela and Luisa were not entirely pleased with how their sister was, once again, getting the short end of the stick for doing nothing. They waited until they were back at the Casita to confront Camilo about it. But when they interrogated him, he was completely lost. "I don't know how that happened! I swear!" he said as they glared at him.

"A likely story," said Isabela, folding her arms.

"Hold on," said Luisa, calmly. "Why don't we just go back to the beginning?"

She then looked over at Camilo, her eye on the brink of twitching again. "Explain how this all started again," she said.

Camilo sighed and told them about the day of his first date with Hanna. She had told him to meet her in the town, but he was just too impatient and wanted to go and get her from the summer house himself. Dolores advised him to go as Mirabel so that no one had to know that Hanna was with a boy. But their time together ended up being longer than what was anticipated, and it was confirmed soon afterward that Amalia was, as suspected, quite protective, and even a little overbearing. He then confessed that when he visited their house to deliver arepas to Hanna, the mother asked for Mirabel to come inside and comfort her daughter, but he went in instead. He told them that he had promised not to shapeshift into Mirabel again after that, but for some strange reason, Amalia's opinion of Mirabel just got worse.

"So, Hanna came home late one night! So what?" Camilo said. "I don't know why the sister is targeting Mirabel after one little mistake."

"Okay. Okay," Isabela said, clenching her eyes shut and pinching the bridge of her nose in disbelief. "I'm gonna choose to ignore the fact that you used your Gift to sneak into their house. But only for the time being," she added, calmly yet still rather irritably.

Camilo said nothing to this and merely stared at Isabela, waiting for what she would say next.

She then looked at him as if he had gone crazy and asked, "But did you honestly think that if Hanna came home late that her family would be happy to let her go out for a...' talk' with you at night?"

Camilo didn't answer. He then realized he didn't even ask Hanna if she had had any trouble meeting up with him. She just said that she would. And she did.

With her arms still folded, Isabela furrowed her eyebrows and looked down at the floor, thinking hard. "But something's still not adding up here," she said. "It feels like we're not getting the full picture." She then looked up towards the balcony and at Dolores's door.

"Dolores?" she called at a normal volume.

Dolores then came out of her room. "Yes?" she asked, looking down from the balcony.

"I assume you know what we're discussing," said Isabela.

"Yes," Dolores said once again.

"Well, do you mind filling in the blanks for us?" Isabela asked.

Casita formed a staircase for Dolores to descend right from where she stood. When she came down to join them, she then told them everything she heard the previous night. She briefly mentioned as well that Antonio was the one to help Hanna out of the house.

Camilo was stunned.

"But wait...," he said. "You're saying Hanna almost didn't make it to the bridge on the night we...?" he couldn't finish his sentence. Instead, he blushed slightly at the memory of the garden.

"Hanna said she was going to hang out with Mirabel again, and Amalia didn't like that," said Dolores. "She thinks Mirabel is encouraging Hanna to...act unusual. And not in a good way."