A New Life

~10 Years Later~

It was another beautiful, sunny day without a cloud in the sky and everyone in the town square was buzzing with excitement for they were getting ready for the ceremony. Isabela, Luisa, Mirabel, and Dolores (who was now heavily pregnant) were all dressed up elegantly and each holding a small bouquet of sunflowers that Isabela had provided. The guests were now taking their seats which had all been perfectly arranged in a large, half circle. When Dolores saw Mariano, she waved at him, and he waved back at her adoringly in response. Both had a matching golden ring on their hand. Meanwhile, Camilo was dressed in a white suit and was standing under a small marquee with a now teenaged Antonio on one side and Señor Flores on the other. Camilo kept glancing nervously at Amalia who stood poised and ready with her violin, for he knew everything would begin the minute she started playing. Pepa and Félix then approached him.

"Oh, look at you!" Pepa said, joyfully placing her hands on Camilo's cheeks. A raincloud began to form over her head. "You're so handsome!"

"Mami," Antonio said. "You're gonna get him wet!"

"You just be glad it's..." Pepa began to say.

"Not a hurricane," Antonio finished while rolling his eyes. "We know! You said that at Dolores's wedding too!"

Camilo smiled at their mom and took her hands in both of his. "I don't mind if it rains a little. We are outdoors," he said to her gently.

"Oh, not to worry," said Pepa. "I'll do my best to...control myself. This...is a happy day."

Her bottom lip started to quiver. Félix placed his hands on his wife's shoulders and said, "Come on, amore. It's almost time."

He and Pepa went off to take their places, but not before Félix gave Camilo a thumbs up for good luck. They sat with Julieta, Agustín, and Bruno, but Pepa refused to be right next to her brother for reasons, so Félix sat between them. Alma also made her way over with her walking stick and sat amongst her children. Cal and Marie were in the back row and looking anxiously in the direction of the church, where their daughter would make her entrance.

When all was quiet, Amalia finally raised her bow to her violin and began to play softly. First down the aisle came Dolores and Mariano's four-year-old daughter Rosita, in a little white dress and wearing a flower crown on her head. She carried a basket of flowers in one, tiny hand and gently tossed the petals into the air with the other. She made it to the front and set her basket down on the ground before going over to sit with Mariano who picked her up in his arms. Next, Dolores, Mirabel, Isabela, and Luisa walked down the aisle in a single file line and joined Camilo and the others in their designated positions. Mirabel looked around and waved at a young, dark-haired man named Nicolas. He and his large family were only a few of many newcomers that had come to the Encanto over the years, and he had fallen in love with Mirabel almost right away. They had been going steady for quite some time now.

Finally, the music on Amalia's violin changed to a slower, more familiar melody, and out came Hanna in her pearly-white wedding gown, carrying a bigger bouquet of sunflowers. Her golden-brown hair was tied into a messy, yet elegant bun and her veil reached her lower back. Her cheeks were rosy, and her eyes were practically shimmering. Camilo thought he had never seen her look so beautiful. He was simply blown away. All eyes were on Hanna, and Camilo could hear the excited whispers as she continued to slowly approach the marquee. The minute she was right in front of him, she gazed upward and smiled broadly. Camilo blushed hard. Then, Amalia finished playing her music and all was silent once more. She placed her instrument into her case and, as hurriedly as she could, picked up her own bouquet and went to join Mirabel and the others at the front.