Turn the Tables

Hanna was sprinting towards the summer home. She felt like her feet would lift off the ground at any second and she would start flying in the air. However, when she made it to the front yard, she immediately stopped to catch her breath. Her heart still pounding heavily. She walked up slowly to go through the front door and into the empty entrance. Amalia could be heard playing her violin, feverishly from above. Hanna quietly climbed up the stairs and entered her sister's bedroom. Amalia turned around to look at her while still moving her bow up and down the strings. Without saying a word, Hanna gestured to her that she had something to talk about and Amalia nodded in understanding. Hanna sat on the bed, waiting for her sister to finish the piece she was practicing. When she was finally done, Amalia set her instrument down and went to sit next to Hanna. The two sisters talked in hushed voices.

"Well?" Amalia asked, anxiously. "Did you show it to him?"

"Yes," Hanna answered.

"How did he take it?" asked Amalia, biting her lip.

"Not well," said Hanna, sadly.

"I can't say that I blame him," Amalia said.

"Me either," said Hanna. "But...I have something else to tell you!"

Amalia looked at her curiously. "What is it?" she asked.

Hanna told her about Camilo's proposal and Amalia's eyes widened. She then clasped a hand to her mouth and Hanna smiled at her, sheepishly. After the moment of shock, Amalia pulled Hanna into a big hug.

"Oh my God, Hanna! I am so happy for you!" she whispered excitedly. "This is incredible!"

Hanna hugged her back. "You're not...mad?" she asked.

"No!" Amalia said, still smiling excitedly. "You two are good for each other!"

Hanna grinned and tightened her hold on Amalia.

"But wait," Amalia said, loosening her grip to look at her sister. "I wonder... Will this influence the vision?"

"Don't know," said Hanna, shaking her head. "And according to Camilo, there's no way of knowing when exactly Bruno's visions happen. It could be today, tomorrow, or even years from now."

"Hmm," said Amalia, deep in thought.

Hanna sighed. "But, regardless," she said, quietly. "I know that...at this rate, we can't keep everything a secret for very long."

Amalia placed a hand on top of Hanna's head. "Hey," she said, softly. "Regardless of how everything plays out, I'm always gonna have your back. You know that, right?"

Hanna smiled. "Yeah. I know," she said. And Amalia pulled her in for another hug.

Now, it was sunset again, and the Madrigal family was waiting outside of their home to greet Cal and his family for the third time. Bruno's vision was hovering around everyone's minds. It was as if there was a sense of foreboding within each of them. Pepa was having a harder time with the cloud hanging over her head despite Félix being by her side. Isabela, Luisa, and Mirabel were glancing at each other, sensing the other's anxiety without speaking a word. Antonio looked up at Camilo who was holding his hand and Camilo looked down to smile at him. When Camilo had gotten back to Casita earlier that afternoon, he was once again met up with Dolores and Mirabel at the entrance. They had looked at him expectantly with their arms folded.

"Well?" Mirabel asked. "Did you have a nice...chat with Hanna?"

Camilo blinked. "I guess Dolores told you?" he asked, unsurprised.

"Mmhmm", said Mirabel, nodding her head.

"Camilo! What were you thinking!?" Dolores asked in disbelief.