Gut Punch

I show up to the scheduled time of training. Aria is not early this day though. I take the time to set up some targets for my planned sets, as well as pull the equipment and weapons we'll be needing. As I'm doing so Aria walks up to our reserved training grounds. Aria set her bag on the bench and I look to see my apology sparkling from her sides. Along her light gray training uniform she has my belt harness around her thighs. The harness hits her mid thigh, and fits her waist perfectly. The white gold daggers gleam and sparkle in the morning light. Forcing me to notice just how long her legs were, and how muscular they are under her uniform after months of training with me. "Did you like my apology?" I call out to her.

"Yes," she walks up to me. "They're beautiful." Aria meets my gaze, "thank you."

"You're welcome." I look down to her kind eyes. Aria smiles up at me. I never realized how beautiful her smile was. Maybe because she never really seems in too good of a mood during training. I wish she'd smile around me more. Granted most people don't. "Now then." I head off to the the sparring room I have reserved inside the training facility.

"Where are we going?" Aria quickly follows behind me.

"You'll see," I say back to her as I lead her down a short series of halls. "Now that your body is ready." I lead her into an empty sparring room, "time to train your mind." I stand back to show her the floor mat and weapon tables I have set up for her. I watch her take in the room. "Now take of your shoes." Aria does as I say as I take my own shoes off. I step up onto the mat and she comes up to join me. I punch her in her gut. Hard.

"Ah!" Aria clutches her stomach in her forearms. "What the hell?!" She yells at me.

"Do you think your opponent is going to give you a count down?" Aria grunts and looks to me with anger. So long that smile. Aria tries to take a run at me, but I easily dodge her. "Be swift." I tell her as I kick her back.

"Ah!" Aria falls onto the training mat. I quickly fall down and pin her arm up behind her. Aria cries out in pain and tries to free herself from me.

"Never give your opponent a moment to strike while you're down." I release her and she quickly stands up on the mat. Aria puts her hands in front of her defensively and circles with me. I raise my hands and watch her think. Aria tries to make a jab and I dodge it. "Yes," I encourage her. Aria tries to kick my legs out from me and fails. "Yes," she goes for my stomach and I block her. "Yes." Aria straight up charges me out of frustration. I move to the side, kick her legs out from her and drop her into a choke hold. Aria gets angry and struggles to claw at my arm around her neck. "Think in your head," I say into her right ear softly. "Your body gives away your thoughts long before you think them. Breathe, calm down, and anticipate my next move." I slowly release her and she stands up. Aria thinks for a moment and proceeds to raise her fist at me defensively again. That's it, think.