Chapter 3

Be ready Amaya the other team has the ball. Get in position angle yourself so you have the highest chance of saving the ball. You can do this, it's like any other game. Why are they getting so close they should know by now that I like to dive, I trust my team and they trust me so I'll give them some space. They're getting too close I have to dive, don't hesitate just do it. You've done it so many times nothing has ever happened you'll be fine don't be scared. There are reasons why I am called fearless and this is why, I don't care what happens to me. I put that fear away and do what I need to do to win, even if that means I get hurt. Yeah it sucks but that's just the way of the game.

"Another amazing save by Miya Amaya, how many does it make it now" the annoncer says I normally tune him out but this time I heard him loud and clear. I get up off the ground with the ball in my hand and a headache starting to form, seeing how this was the second time I got kicked in the head by this bitch.

"Amaya you got me" I heard one of my teammates yell to me, so that's where I punt the ball I get it right in front of her she is already turned around to run after the bounce leaving her girl behind and she gets us a goal.

They some how end up back in our end the same girl that has kicked me in the head has the ball doing the same thing that she did the last time. She's underestimating me and it's getting on my nerves, so I dive at her hoping to get the ball and her. Which I do the ball is in my arms I try to move my head so I don't get kicked again but my timing was a bit too late. Orange cleats meet with my head again she starts to fall over me, but it doesn't feel right. Every sound is dulled, the green and black turf are getting blurry and are spinning, I slowly try to lift my head only to feel the heaviest pressure keeping it down. No one is doing anything the ref seems to be getting closer he seems to be talking, but I can't make it out.

"Fucking bitch" is the last thing I hear before everything goes black.

I shoot up in bed, panting I lay back down and place my arm over my head. I unplug my phone and pick it up checking what time it is, seeing how I have 30 minutes before I have to start getting ready I just go on my phone. Seeing how I'm wide awake now. I debate what to do but I finally decide I put my finger over the icon, waiting not really sure I want to do this. But I do I follow through and click on Google, I click on the search bar. I type my name in the bar, not really sure what will pop up and scared at the same time. It finally loads so I click on one of the article's about me.

Miya Amaya, was the best goalie in her age division for both soccer and lacrosse. After a head injury durning the national championship game for soccer she has not returned to play, for either sport. We are all waiting for her return to both sports. If you are wondering she is 175.26 cm and is 15 going to be 16 in August. 

That's all I picked up on from skimming through it. Deciding that it would be best if I get up now, that's exactly what I do. I push myself up and slide out of bed, I go and grab my uniform and what ever else I need, and head to the bathroom.

I put a head band on to hold my hair back and I  start to splash water on my face I put my face wash on my hands and apply it to my face. I then rinse the soap off my face with the water, I grab the towel I took and I dry my face when it is dry I look at the scare that is right on my hair line. I take the headband off and I do my hair. After a bit of time I finally finish with what I had to do in the bathroom, which I took my time so I'm right on track where I am supposed to be. I grab my bag and head downstairs, and I start to head to school. When I get there I head to the gym to see what they need me to do.

I open the door to the gym but as I do that a ball comes flying at me, and pretty fast too, I stare at it and my hands come up and I catch the ball right in front of my face. Thank god for my years in net.

"Miya-Chan, are you alright" Nishinoya asked me and I looked down at him

"Yeah, here" I said and handed him the ball "and you know you guys can call me Amaya and you don't need to use honorifics right I don't mind, I'm pretty sure I told you this before" I said again looking at them and do a close eye smile. I hate being compared to my brothers, hopefully they won't put two and two together that I'm related to the Miya twins.

Yachi ran up to me and grabbed my hands "Mi-Amaya, a-are your hands alright" Yachi Corrected herself when I looked down at her

"Yes there just fine, it would have been bad if the ball hit my head though" I said smiling at her "don't let me disturb the practice keep going" I said while waving them off.

I walk over to Kiyoko who is standing next to there coach, Yachi walking right next to me.

"So your the other new manager, do you have any experience as a manager" he asked me

"Huh, oh yeah I was a manager back in junior high" I said while looking at him

"Well Amaya welcome to the team, we're going to be going to Tokyo for a training camp in a few weeks." He said starting to look through papers "here's the permission slip that you need to turn in to go"

I turn my attention to the boys that are practicing, observing everything that they do. Taking notes on everything what they do well, what they lack in etc.

After the practice was done I turn to coach Ukai "Can I give them a new work out regimen" I said which I think shocked him a tad bit.

"Uhhh yeah?" He said very confused

"Not to be rude but I think if I give them specialized workouts it would help them improve because they are working on what their body needs more" I said still looking him in the eyes

I see an orange flash coming at me almost like that cleat which scared me at first, but the color is different. I turn my attention to the person I correct myself people running at me.

"Amaya, how tall are you" the energetic orange asked me, with another energetic thing nodding along. This question seemed to gain a lot of attention from the people in the gym.

"I'm 175.26" I said while looking down at them and they look up at me in awe and everyone else just staring at me.

"Can I take some of your height" Hinata asked me

I looked down at him with a blank stare and said "No, find another donor buddy" the audacity to ask me for some height

"Hitoka let's go we need to get to class" I said and grabbed her arm and pulled her to class very upset.

We get to class and take our seat's I look over to yachi and now my head "sorry Yachi-Chan I didn't mean to call you by your name without permission, it kinda just happens when I get mad" I said looking down not at her but at the ground " or grab your arm and drag you away" I finished

She started to frantically wave her arms in the air "it-it's totally fine, I didn't mind you using my first name you told me to use yours so why can't you use mine" she told me while smiling at me to reassure me

It was soon lunch time and we went to the same place we went to yesterday.

"Amaya is there any reason why you didn't eat yesterday" Hitoka asked me while opening her bento

"Oh well, I guess it's because there were too many people yesterday and I wasn't comfortable taking my mask off" I said looking around seeing that there weren't that many people outside today taking out my bento "Hitoka you have to promise you won't tell anyone okay I'm trusting you" I tell her with my hand on my mask about to take it off.

"I promise" she said while smiling so I take it off and I look down "omggg your so pretty" she said making me smile

"Thank you" I said and I started to eat my bento

School ended almost as fast as it started. Hitoka and I made our way down to the gym as soon as we were let out, almost getting trampled by two racing idiots on our team.