Chapter 8

After a few weeks it was finally time to take the finals. I'm pretty confident but at the same time extremely scared that I am going to fail. I take my seat and wait for the teacher to hand out the tests. I look over at Hitoka and she seems a little nervous but nothing bad, unfortunately all the desks have been spread out so we cannot cheat. Which means we are not sitting next to each other, close but not shoulder width apart how sad. The teacher walked around her desk with a stack of papers in her hand and she starts to hand them out. So the hellish exam begins, I get my paper and write my name on it then I wait for her to tells to begin.

I finish the exam in an hour I look around to see if other people are still working. Some are and some are done, mainly people are still working. I just go back and look over every question making sure I did them right and circled the right choice. So in about ten minutes I was done checking over all of my questions, so I put my head down like some people were doing.

We had a few tests to take but soon enough they were all done. Here's the hard part, the waiting not knowing how you did. If you passed, if you failed, if you did Better than your friends. It was all truly scary, well at least for me it is. After classes were done we went to the gym, Hitoka and I talking about how the tests were, and how we think we did. Something interesting I have found out is that when I think I did good on a test that means I probably did pretty bad. But when I think I did bad I actually did pretty good. And I really hope that, that logic transfers over onto this test too. If it doesn't I think I might be very screwed.

"How do you guys think you did" I asked sneaking up behind Hinata and Kageyama making them jump and slow look behind at me. I think having my mask on made it even better because they couldn't see the face I was making. So they had no idea if I was pissed at them or if I was just joking around. It was 100% the latter option, but they weren't sure.

"Uhhh I don't know the grades aren't out yet" Kageyama said looking a little scared

"How do you think you did, is that better for you" I asked

"Yes it is actually" he said looking me in the eyes "I think that I did okay" he said

"Uhhhh yeah I think I did okay too" Hinata said looking very scared

"Good to hear" I said looking at both of them "I'm actually very scared for mine to come back" I said looking down what I said getting everyone's attention

"Woah, woah, woah, Amaya I didn't know we had to worry about you too" Daichi said while walking closer

"I hate taking tests I always feel like I failed them" I said smiling very anxiously

Practice carried on like normal, with their drills done new ones that I showed coach Ukai a couple of days ago. I didn't think that he would implement them so quickly. I can also see some improvement from all of them from the workouts I gave them. I have had to change a couple so far, but not too many I feel like I'm going to be changing them soon though. After they got through some of the new drills that I showed Ukai they started their practice game against each other.

"Someone's phone is ringing" Ukai yelled while we were cleaning up the gym I stop and listen to the ringtone it sounded familiar so I walked over to where the phone was. And low and behold it was my phone I walk out of the gym and answer the call already feeling annoyed before even answering it

"What do you want" I asked

"Is it so wrong to call and check up on you" he asked