Chapter 15

"Amaya what do you mean it runs in the family" Bokoto asked as we were walking to the cafeteria.

"Oh my brothers play so does my cousin" I said to him

"What do they play" he asked even more exited

"Uhhh, well my cousins a setter and my one brothers also a setter and my other brother is a wing spiker" I said trying to satisfy him

"Amaya you have siblings" Tsukishima asked me

"Uh yeah I have two" I said looking at him and nodding

"Why did you never tell us" he asked

"We'll no one ever asked me so" I said shrugging my shoulders and entering the cafeteria.

The week soon passed and we had to board the bus, all the teams came out to say their good byes. Once we were all done we boarded the bus, I sat alone on the way back so that Hitoka was by herself again. Seeing how no one was sitting next to me I put my legs up on the seat next to me and turned my head so I could see out of the window. I had my headset on and music playing so I couldn't hear if anyone was talking to me. I eventually fell asleep.

"Amaya I'll see you later okay" my dad said as he dropped me off at practice. I walked up to my teammates and started to put my equipment on getting ready for practice. Once practice ended I changed out of my cleats and put my sneakers on and started walking home. Once I got home I took my boots out of my bag and went upstairs to shower. When I was done I went down stairs to ask my dad what was for dinner. I looked all over the house but I couldn't find him, he should be home by now. So I decide to pick up my phone and call him to see where he is and what's taking so long. But he didn't answer the phone I called multiple times but I got sent to the same thing the voicemail. After a few more hours of waiting, I gave up on waiting for him to come back and I fell asleep on the couch.

When I heard the door open I sprung up and went to see dad, but it wasn't him. It was my grandparents and it looks like they have been crying. They told me to follow them so I did I went in their car and they took me to the hospital. We went I side and we went up a couple of floors and walked for a little bit until we got to room 314 and my grandpa slid that door open. They walked in before I did when I walked in I looked around the room I seen my mom and my brothers here my brothers are crying and it looks as if my mom had been crying. I loin in the direction that everyone is looking in and I see it I see my dad on a bed with a ventilator. He looked almost so peaceful if it wasn't for all the bandages on him and the ventilator I would have thought he was sleeping he looked so peaceful almost to peaceful. That's when I felt the tears coming out of my eyes. The doctor came in and asked them if they made their decision. When they told the doctor what they decided that's the moment I realized my dad lied to me he wasn't going to see me later. He's left me all alone he's broken so many promises today.

I was awoken when my legs were moved from where they were. I slowly open my eyes being blinded by the light so I closed them right after I opened them. I tried again to open them this time fighting my instincts to close them I look over seeing a figure sitting next to me. I move my body to be able to see the person better and then I figure out who woke me from my lovely sleep.

"Is there something you need Suga" I asked him

"Ummm yeah" he said looking around seeing that everyone was asleep or talking to someone else.

"What is it" I ask getting slightly impatient

"Oh well" he started off "is there something wrong you haven't spoken at all on the bus ride I was kinda worried" he whispered so that no one else could hear him.

"Uh oh I'm sorry I made you worried but I am okay" I say smiling at him 'how did he know, I didn't make it that obvious'

"Are you sure" he asked I can tell that he didn't believe what I said by the look in his eyes, they're pretty much pleading with me to tell him what's wrong.

I feel like no matter what I do right now he's going to see right through me. Which is making me nervous and my eyes starting looking for anything to distract me from what's in front of me. Though they find nothing and I feel the slight burning on them, tears start to slowly form in my eyes little by little.

He has yet to look away from me, that look in his eyes has yet to change. It's almost like he cares, does he care he probably does 'no he doesn't he just wants to act like he does then betray you, that's what they always do' 'no one truly cares'

"Amaya" he whispered again "what's wrong please tell me" he whispered again

"My dad he died today" I said looking him in the eyes as on tear escaped from my eye I wipe it away and turn my head away from him.

He suddenly grabs me and pulls my so that he is hugging me now. That's when the tears that I was fighting back fell out, I couldn't control it. When was the last time someone had hugged me like this. I didn't realize how mush I needed this.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" I said extremely quietly into his shirt

"Hey, hey it's okay you don't need to apologize for this, I was the one who hugged you" he said rubbing my back. "If you don't mind me asking how did he die" he asked

"It was a car crash, I was actually supposed to be with him but I insisted on going to practice" I said not moving "it was supposed to be just another visite to my grandparents house but he never came home" I said ask more tears fell from my eyes.

I pull away from him and I wipe away the tears that were still falling and I take off my mask that was now wet from my tears. I grab a new one from my bag and I put the loops around my ears. I look back towards him and I smile then I pull the mask all the way up my face and I drop the smile but I make sure to keep a sparkle in my eye so he doesn't worry again.

Right before Suga was about to say something we arrived at the school. And coach Ukai woke all the sleeping people up.