Chapter 14.

Chapter Fourteen

Home at last.

Macy's POV.

*One Week Later*

I'm finally getting to come home from the hospital. I was so ready to be home and back with my sweet baby and Colby. I hadn't seen Madilyn in almost two weeks and I was desperate.

She was home with Colby, giving him some time to sleep in his own bed and give my parents time with me. They'd be here when I was getting discharged.

"Are you ready to be home? I know Madi missed her mommy like crazy." My mom asked, holding my hand gently. She was always so calm in these situations.

"Oh yes, I miss my baby. I'm excited to be with my two babies and rest in my own home. I like working at hospitals, not being in one." I chuckled as I smiled deeply.

"Colby must really love you if he's willing to put his career at a stand still." Dad's voice came from the corner. He was more stressed, it seems.

"I've tried a thousand times to get him to change his mind. He won't budge. I hope Tex and Dal will help me get him to train some. I want to start doing Crossfit with him once I'm healed to build back my strength." I said, taking a bite of the green jello from my tray.

I was still on a soft diet, and I still couldn't eat much or I'd get sick. I was craving pizza...and chocolate milkshakes. Gosh, it's like I'm pregnant again.

"I bet they'll help ya." Mom chuckled, standing up and sitting on my bed. "Ya know how 'Persuasive' Dallas can be." She said, wiggling her eyebrows as all three of us started laughing.

"I cannot thank y'all enough for taking care of Madi while I've been out of commission." I said sincerely, looking between the both of them. I don't know what would've happened to her if I didn't have my parents.

"Not a problem. Y'all are our girls, we'd do anything for y'all." Dad said, smiling brightly at me, with tears brimming his eyes. I blew him a kiss, which he caught and held to his heart.

Before I could say anything else, my phone lit up. Colby had just woken up. At least he got some sleep. He needed it desperately.

"It's Colby. He said once he fed Madi and got them both ready, they'd be heading here. He's also bringing me some clothes to go home in." I told my parents, smiling at how sweet he was. It just made my heart swell.

"I'm so happy you found him. You and Madi both need someone who will take care of you. I feel like he's the man you both need. Mike was nothing but trouble." Mom said, a serious look in her eyes. She never really liked Mike, she just put up with him because she saw how much I loved him.

"I really think so too. I've told Colby before, I'd much rather have Madi call him Daddy instead of Mike." I said, smiling as I remember mine and Colby's conversation about that. It seemed like it'd been years, but in reality it'd only been three weeks.

"I'd much rather have Colby as a son-in-law than that double barrel dumbass." My dad mumbled from the corner. My mom looked at me before we both busted out laughing. Sometimes, his Texas roots showed out and you'd never know what he'd say next.

"Double barrel dumbass? Really Harold?" Mom questioned him, sitting down in his lap, ruffling his hair, and kissing his forehead

"Well, he is one." Dad replied, squeezing Mom's shoulders. They were so cute, and I'd always wanted a relationship like that. Now, I think I finally found it.

-------

Colby's POV.

I rocked Madi back and forth slowly. I knew Macy would be happy to see her. It's been too long. I stood up and laid her sleeping body in the middle of the portable crib I got from Macy's last night.

I went to grab a quick shower. I tossed on a Crossfit tee, and pair of skinny jeans, and my Nike's. I pulled my hair back into a bun before heading to get Madi.

I quickly dressed her, placing her in the car seat, and gathered up all her things and Macy's bag as well.

I walked out to the car, cranking it up and walking us back inside to the lobby until the car cooled off.

"How's Macy doing today?" Ms. Lisa asked as she walked out of her office.

"She's much better. I actually get to bring her home today." I said, smiling brightly and slowly rocking Madi back and forth.

"That's great! Give her my best wishes and drive safe!" She smiled at me before walking back into her office.

I carried Madi back out to the car, placing her car seat in the receiver and making sure it was secure before getting in myself and heading off to the hospital.

-------

We walked through the hallways quickly, Madi clutches against my chest.

We arrived at the room and with a quick knock, I slid in.

"MY BABIES!" Macy shrieked, extending her arms that Madi instantly went into.

I peck Macy quickly on the lips before sitting the bags down and crawling in the bed beside her.

"I'm so happy y'all are here." Macy mumbled into my neck as Madi rested in between us.

"I'm happy I get to take you home with me." I mumbled, kissing her forehead and nuzzling my nose into her hair.

"Mom and Dad will be back soon. They went to go get some food. They're bringing me back pudding." She smiled brightly, making me chuckle.

"I love you so much." I mumbled before pressing my lips against hers. I felt her smile against my lips.

"I love you too, baby boy." She whispered back right as the door opened.

"Hey Colby, hey Grandma's baby!" Shelley smiled, quickly picking up Madi.

Madi instantly started crying and reaching back out to Macy. Shelley handed her back and Macy put her on our chest as she calmed back down.

"I guess she really missed her momma." Shelley chuckled, opening Macy's pudding and handing it to her. I held the cup as she ate, as one of each of our arms were tucked under Madi.

The nurse walked in with her discharge papers and Shelley filled them out for her.

"Alright Ms. Buchanan, you're all set. I'll go grab a wheel chair if someone will pull the car around to the front." She said, looking around at us.

"I'll go grab my car." I replied, handing Madi to Harold and kissing Macy on the forehead.

"See you out there babe." I whispered, before heading outside.

I was getting to bring my girl home. I smiled brightly as I pulled the car around. I took Madi from Harold and placed her in the car as the nurse helped Macy in.

"We'll meet y'all at the apartment!" Shelley said as they walked toward their car.

I jumped in the car quickly, pausing to look at Macy.

"I love you and I'm so glad you're coming home with me." I whispered, kissing her hand then lacing my fingers with hers.

"I love you more." She smiled.

That smile sent me to Heaven everytime.

*I know it's short, but I promise I'll try to make it up to you!*