Chapter 5.

Chapter Five.

Colby's POV.

*Don't eat breakfast. I've got it covered ;) see you soon.*

I smiled down at my phone as I read her text at least ten times.

"Kevin, Daddy's got another date." I said as I picked my little fur baby up, rubbing his head.

I sat him back down and headed off to the bathroom. I jumped in the shower, taking probably too much time. I got out, threw on a t-shirt and a pair of jogging pants, pulled my hair back in a ponytail, and headed out the door.

I got to Macy's right at 9:45. I hopped out and bounced up the steps, ringing the doorbell. A few seconds later, her beautiful eyes met mine. She was still dressed in her pajamas, which made me feel like she felt comfortable around me.

"Good morning." She said in a sing song voice, opening the door and letting me in.

"Well, good morning to you too. Thank you for breakfast." I smiled, wrapping my arms around her.

She hugged me back, than backed away slowly. She smiled up at me.

"Anytime. Thanks for agreeing to go with me." She replied, heading to the kitchen. I follow closely on her heels.

I search the room, but can't find what I'm looking for. I turn towards Macy, who's dishing up some eggs.

"Mace, where's Madi?" I asked, looking around the room again.

"Upstairs. She's still sleeping. Once we eat, I'll go get her and feed her." She smiled, motioning to a baby monitor sitting on the counter.

"Oh okay. That makes sense." I smiled at her.

"Here ya go. I hope you like turkey sausage." She said, sitting a plate down at the bar.

"I love it. Thanks again." I replied, taking a seat.

"Anytime, let's dig in." She giggled, taking the seat next to mine.

......

Just as we finished up, Madi's cry came through the monitor.

"I'll be riiiiiight back." Mace said, hopping off her barstool and heading upstairs. A few moments later, she came back down with Madi cradled in her arms.

"Colby, would you like to feed her?" She asked, looking between Madi and myself.

"Wait, I thought you had to do that." I said, trying to figure it out.

"I pumped this morning, just in case you might want to." She smiled.
Man, she had this planned out.

"I would absolutely love to." I replied, extending my arms out. She gently laid Madi down into me.

"Only four ounces okay?" She said, grabbing the bottle out of fridge.

"Yes ma'am." I replied, cradling Madi closer. Macy handed me the bottle and I got her all set up as Macy started the dishes.

"Thank you for trusting me with her."
I said, looking up at her.

"You're very welcome. Thank you for not running when you found out I had a kid." She chuckled, lathering up the sponge.

"It's sad that most people do that. I can promise you, though, I'm not going anywhere until you want me gone." I smiled at her, checking the ounces in the bottle.

"How do you know how to do that so well?" Macy asked as I put the bottle back in Madi's mouth.

"Oh, I have a sister. Cass. She has a little boy. I think he's six now, but I helped her out with him as a baby because her husband's in the army." I replied, checking the ounces again.
She'd drank about four, so I turned her around and started patting.