Chapter 17.

Chapter Seventeen.

I'm back.

Colby's POV.

Waking up next to her is something I could definitely get used to. She looked perfect. Her bare back peeking out of the sheet, her hair spread across the pillow. Just the sight of her made me smile.

"I can feel you staring at me." She uttered, her voice muffled by the pillow.

"I can't help it." I chuckled as she rolled over and looked up at me.

"I've got a question." She said, a serious tone to her voice.

"Go ahead." I said, slightly worried.

"If you don't want to, I understand, but I thought I'd bring it up. You honestly spend more time here than you do at your place. Also, once you start traveling, you really won't be there as you'll be with us when you're home. Basically, what I'm asking is...would you like to move in with Madi and myself?" She finished, sighing deeply.

Without hesitation, I leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to her lips.

"I would be honored." I smiled, kissing her again and pulling her close.

Just as I pulled her on top of me, the doorbell rang. We both sighed deeply.

"I'll go see who it is while you put something on." I said, climbing out of bed and sliding on a pair of shorts I'd left over here before making my way to the door.

As I opened it, my stomach flipped. There stood two police officers.

"Good morning sir. Is Macy Buchanan here?" One of the officers asked.

"Yes sir. Please, come in." I said, letting them in.

"Babe, who was at the.... Oh, hello Craig." Macy said with an annoyed tone in her voice.

"I know you don't like seeing me, but it's about Mike." The other officer spoke up.

"What? How'd you help him this time?" Macy snapped. I took her hand and squeezed tight, trying to calm her down. She quickly pulled her hand back. Well, there goes the feelings from twenty minutes ago.

"Macy, for once will you calm down? I'm here for you, to help you. Like I should've been this whole time." Craig replied.

At this point, I'm confused as hell. I don't know who this guy is, or how they know each other by first names.

"What is it, Craig, what's going on?" Macy asked, crossing her arms.

"It's Mike. He's out of jail. He's going to rehab now and he wanted me to check on you." Craig said, walking closer to Macy.

"Don't you dare touch me, I swear, I'll break your hand. You can tell him he can kiss my ass. You can tell him that his daughter is doing GREAT without him. She has a man in her life who actually gives a damn about her and she doesn't need him. I'm finally happy again. I never have to worry if Colby will hurt us! Mike isn't half the man this guy is! I don't give a damn what he does with his life." Macy's voice escalated the more she said.

"Ma'am, you need to calm down." The other officer said with a stern tone.

"No, she's okay. She has every right to be angry. My brother tried to ruin her, but Macy. He's changed, and I mean it. He wants to be better." Craig said, begging Macy with his eyes.

Oh, so that's how they know each other. He's Mike's brother.

"I'll believe that bullshit when it's a cold day in Hell." Macy snapped.