Chapter 2

Chapter Two.

See You Again.

Macy's POV.

"Madi, Mommy's gotta go to work. Mommy would much rather stay here with you, but I gotta make that money so you can continue pooping." I giggled at her, tickling her tiny feet.
She giggled back, showing her little toothless grin. I backed up and went back to the mirror.

"Damn this is gonna be hard to cover up this time." I frowned, examining my now deep purple bruise. "Thanks asshole." I groaned, applying a thick coat of foundation.

"That's as good as it's gonna get." I sighed, packing the makeup back up. "Let's go see Nana, huh?"
I picked Madi up, lightly kissing her forehead, and walking downstairs.

"Is that my two favorite girls I hear?" my mom giggled.

"It's us." I giggled back. "Do I smell turkey sausage?"

"Yes ma'am. I know it's your favorite. Here, give me her and you eat. Don't want you to be late." Mom said, taking Madi and walking to the rocking chair.

I got up and fixed a plate with turkey sausage, eggs, and a biscuit. I sat down and ate as quick as I could. I grabbed my lunch bag and purse and headed toward the door.

"Thanks Moma. I love you, and I love you little miss Madi." I said, kissing them both on the head.

"Love you too sweetie!" I heard as I shut the door. I jumped in my truck and headed toward my home away from home,
Tampa Medical Center.

.....

I pulled in right on time. I saw Dallas leaning against her Corvette. Dallas and I had been best friends since pre-k, and now I get to work with her everyday.

"Hey sexy!" She yelled as I got out of the car.

"Morning babe." I said, hugging her tight.

"Dayum babygirl, he got you good this time." She frowned, examining my face.

"Not ever again, I can bet you that much." I scoffed, chuckling.

"Good. Ready to start this day?" she asked, looping her arm through mine.

"Let's go save some lives." I chuckled as we walked through the doors.

........

It's been one hell of a day, but thankfully I can go home to my daughter in less than five hours.

"Mace, you have an admission. I've done all the paperwork, you've just got to do the assessment and start the pain meds the doc ordered." Dallas chirped behind me.

"You are a saint and this is why I love you." I kissed her cheek and took the file from her.

"Room twelve." She whispered, smiling at me.

I headed toward the room and glanced at the file. "Nah, can't be him." I muttered under my breath.
I walked into the room and put on some gloves. "Oh, hey Macy." A deep voice said behind me.

I turned my head around quickly. There was Colby, laying in the bed with his face covered in blood.

"Colby? What the hell happened to you?" I asked, wiping away some of the blood.

"Wrestling training. Busted my eye on a turnbuckle." He said, wincing as I tried to clean him.

"That looks painful." I said, getting more gauze.

"Your face doesn't look so great either. Did he... Did he hit you, Macy?" He asked, seemingly shocked.

"Uh, yeah. I pushed his buttons though. He's in jail now." I sighed, really not wanting to talk about it.