Chapter 9.

Chapter Nine.

We're home.

Colby's POV.

"Nice work today, man, I'm proud of you." Tex complimented, patting my back.

We'd just finished another grueling practice, and I couldn't be more pumped. I was proud of myself for making it this far. I had wanted to quit so many times, but the more I trained, the more I became addicted to it.

"Thanks man. I'm gonna go shower up and head out. Mace and I are going to try to pack up some of her old house before she goes to sign the lease on the apartment. I'll give you a call later, alright?" I said, giving him a bro hug and heading off to the showers.

I showered as quickly as I could, jumping out, dressing, and throwing my wet hair in a bun before heading out the door.

I pulled up at Macy's parents' house to see her already sitting on the porch. Her mom's car was already gone, which meant so was Madi. I parked the car and jumped out, basically running to the porch where she stood. I wrapped my arms around her and swung her around.

"Hello, my beautiful girlfriend." I said, sitting her on her feet and gently pecking her lips.

She smiled at me, making my heart melt. Finally, she smiled quite often, and I couldn't be happier that she was smiling with me.

"Hey handsome. I missed you." She mumbled into my chest, her face buried in it as her arms wrapped tightly around me.

"I missed you too, sweetheart.You ready to go get some packing done?" I asked, taking both of her hands in mine.

"I am. Dallas is going to meet us there, so you'll finally get to meet her." She smiled, swinging our arms back and forth.

"Finally get to meet the girl Tex never shuts up about. It's about damn time." I chuckled, kissing her forehead.

She gently pulled me toward her Suburban and walked to the passenger side. "Wanna drive the tank?" She giggled, shaking the keys at me with a smile on her face.
Compared to my Mitsubishi, her car was a tank, but I had always wanted to drive it.

"Hell yes!" I said excitedly, catching the keys as she tossed them over the car.

We both jumped in and buckled up before heading down the road to the piece of her past that she'd be able to release soon.

........

We arrived at the house to find a silver Corvette sitting in the yard. We got out and Dallas got out of her car.

"You're late bitch." She mumbled, lighting a cigarette, and putting it between her lips.

"Just because I wasn't here before you doesn't make me late. It just makes you early, ya brat, so hush your whining." Macy snapped, before a huge smile spread across her face and she wrapped her arms around the taller girl's neck.

"I finally get to meet Mr. Stud himself. How're you, doll?" She asked, sticking her hand out. I gently shook it, smiling at her.

"Nice to finally meet the person Macy and Tex always talk about." I chuckled, letting go of her hand and taking Macy's.

We all walked into the house after we got the boxes out of Macy's car. We marked them with sharpies depending on what they were and where they would go.

"Alright, all the stuff in that cabinet right there can be packed up in a Mike box. I'm gonna put it all in storage so he'll have it when he gets out." Macy said, pointing towards the glass curio cabinet in the corner.

It was filled with medals and awards, that I was assuming were from highschool and college. Most of them looked like football, with a couple baseball tossed in the mix. Macy must've noticed me staring at it, because she walked up behind me and rested her head on my arm.