Chapter 7.

Chapter Seven.

Give us a try.

Colby's POV.

"Hey Colbs, I'm sure you're at wrestling practice, but I was just calling to see if you could meet me at the park in the morning. Say nine o'clock? Uh, just call me back when you can. I miss you. Uh, yeah."

I listened to her voicemail more times than I care to admit. I had missed hearing her voice so much. I couldn't be more happy that she'd called.

I dialed her number and listened to it ring. After two rings, she picked up, instantly making me smile widely.

"Hey Colby." She said, her voice like music to my ears.

"Hey beautiful. I'm sorry I missed your call. I was, in fact, at wrestling practice." I said smiling, even though she couldn't see it.

"Oh, it's no problem. Is meeting up tomorrow good with you? If not, then we can reschedule." She asked, a hint of insecurity laced in her words.

Most guys probably would've run away, and that was probably what she was expecting. I'd never run from her, not in a million years. I shook my head gently, though she couldn't see.

"No, tomorrow is perfect with me. By the way, I really missed you too." I said, smiling when I heard her let out a deep breath.

"Thank you for being patient with me. You've proven so much to me. I can't wait to see you." She said, a sound of relief in her tone.

"Anything for you, sweetheart, anything." I replied, smiling when I heard Madi's whine on the other end of the line.

"Well, I'm gonna feed Miss Priss over here, and I'll see you in the morning." She said, making me frown a bit.

I didn't want to hang up with her. I loved hearing her voice. By the way she was talking and acting, I may be hearing it more soon.

"Alright, give Madi a squeeze for me. I'll see you in the morning, Mace." I smiled, standing up from the couch.

"Will do, see you tomorrow, Colbs." She replied, then the line went dead.

I immediately felt the emptiness without her voice. I smiled to myself as I walked toward the bedroom. She called back, I didn't lose her. I was so scared she'd decided it wasn't right and she'd run away, taking her and Madi back out of my life. Thank god, she didn't, and it seems like she's here to stay.

I jumped in the shower, washing off the day and resisting the urge to jump up and down. I dried off and blow dried my hair before changing into some sweats and climbing in bed.

The clock read eleven o'clock. Only ten more hours, ten more hours until I got to see the face I was slowly falling for.

.....

Macy's POV.

I leaned against my Suburban, listening to the breeze blow through the leaf covered trees, and attempting to calm my nerves. I had nothing to be worried about. He was willing to wait for me, and that alone gave me so much happiness. If I were him, I would've ran away and never looked back, but Colby had proven he wasn't like the rest. He'd proven that he respected and understood me even if I couldn't see the worth in myself.

My heart rate increased when I saw his car pull up. I glanced over my outfit. Gray v-neck, shorts, and sandals. I went comfy today, besides, he'd seen me look worse.

He climbed out of his car and started walking toward me. A smile spread across his face as he got closer to me. I couldn't help but smile back at him, blushing lightly.