Chapter 1.

Baptized.

Chapter One.

Repairing the damage.

As I walked through the kitchen of what once was a home, I fought back the tears. Glass was shattered everywhere, covering the floor. Pictures slung off the walls, holes punched in where the pictures used to hang. The longer I looked, the less sad I felt and the more anger filled me.

Michael, my fiancé, was drunk. Again. I got home from my twelve hour work shift to get screamed at, cussed at, and my house destroyed. He went for a walk to calm down, I doubt it will work. I'm just thankful my daughter wasn't here. I mean, she's only four months old. I pulled out the broom and started sweeping up the glass, trying to get the house back in order. After a few minutes of cleaning, I heard the door open. I braced myself for the worst. His broad figure walked into the kitchen, walking past me and headed straight to the fridge, pulling out another beer.

"Don't you think you've had enough, Mike?" I asked, continuing with my sweeping.

"Don't you think you should already have this mess cleaned up?" He retorted.

"Well, ya know, if you hadn't wrecked half the damn house, it'd be easier to clean." I fired back.

"Mace, just shut the fuck up." He snarled.

"Make me, asshole." I muttered. Next thing I knew, I was shoved up against the wall.

"Macy, I said shut up. I'm in no mood to listen to you bitch, alright? I'm going to David's. Have this shit cleaned up before I get back. And go get Madilyn."

"No. You're not leaving this damn house until we talk about this." I replied, pushing him back. "Michael, I've loved you ever since I laid eyes on you, but I'm not in love with you anymore." I sighed.

"What the fuck did you just say?" He yelled.

"I said, I'm not in love with you anymore! I'm done with this bullshit! I refuse to let my daughter live with a fucking crazy person who hits her mom.

I'm going to live with my parents." I replied, crossing my arms.

"You're not going anywhere, and you ARE NOT taking my daughter away from me!" He screamed.

"Oh, now she's you're daughter? You only denied her for the entire time I was pregnant!" I screamed back.

"Well, can't help it you're a whore and I had suspicions." He scoffed.

"Oh I'm the whore? The one who's never cheated on you? Last time I checked, I'm not the one with another kid with some slut. It's pretty obvious who the whore is." I chuckled. His hand quickly wrapped around my throat.

"I love you, Macy, you make me do this." He whispered. "I'm going to David's, and you better be here when I get back, or I will hurt you. I love you, Macy, I always will." He roughly kissed me, and punched my face before storming off and leaving. I sunk down the the floor, clutching my face. That ones gonna leave a mark.

I wiped his taste off my mouth, stood up, and ran upstairs. I grabbed three duffle bags from the hall closet and started packing all of mine and Maddy's nessasary items. After twenty minutes, I had everything we would need to stay at my parents. I grabbed the bags and headed to garage, throwing everything in the back of my Chevy Suburban. I ran back in the house and grabbed my purse and all the money in the safe and headed back to the car. I drove away quickly, dialing 911 and telling them what happened. I gave them my parents address and explained to them that I was heading there now. Also, I told them I wanted a restraining order placed on Michael, and I'd show them the bruises when they arrived. I pulled into my parents house, heading straight to the door. I knocked a few times before my mom answered.