CHAPTER 17

I got up at 4.15 am, freshened up, wore my workout clothes, and went to Cole's room. Kade was there telling Cole to hurry up as he wanted to use the restroom. Cole came out and smiled when he saw me, we both went down to the kitchen.

It was 4.45 am now and we couldn't eat anything heavy so I took a couple of bananas for us and we were off to the ground. After 10 mins, all started to come there. Jackson was still very sleepy but he managed to reach in time.

Only a couple of people from their pack had assembled there, so Jackson had to mind link everyone and call them. After 15 mins or so all were present there, by now Kade was pretty heated. 

"I am Kade Williams, alpha of the blood claw pack" there was a series of murmurs going around the ground, " these are the members of my pack and we are here to train you," he said while pointing towards us.

"We will start by warm-up, you all have to run 10 laps around the ground and then start with 50 squats and lunges",

many disapproving noises were coming from the crowd but Kade paid no attention and indicated them to start.

We all completed our rounds quickly as 10 laps were like nothing for us now, the rest of them were pretty gone now. They will need a lot of training to fight the attacks.

After an hour, all were done with their warmups, Kade assigned a few people to us and asked us to test their combat skills and train them accordingly.

"you, you, you in the red shirt, and you, go to Ellie." He told them while pointing toward me,

"To her, are you kidding? what will she even teach us huh?" a boy asked, I recognized him from Jackson's group.

"I am not asking you to go to her, I'm telling you to go, so stop with your questions"

"No way, she can't do anything, she is weak and a murderer"

"Hey man, stop and do what you are told to," said Jackson,

"No, I wanna see how she is capable of teaching us to fight off big bad wolves, I am challenging her to a dual"

"Oh boy, you don't know what you just did" Said Cole,

"Look, I don't wanna fight you okay, just drop it and resume our training," I said,

"Aw, are you scared, Ellie?" he said in a mocking tone,

"Fine, if you wanna dual lets dual"

"Oh boy, you don't know what you just walked into, this is gonna be so good to watch," said Cole.

We went and stood in the circle, Kade was explaining the rules, " You both will fight in your human forms only, no serious damage and the fight will end when one of you taps out"

I looked at the people standing around us, all the people in this pack had a smug look. They were so sure that I wouldn't win this dual, but oh they were in for a big surprise.

My people were looking very relaxed but also eager to see the look on these people's faces when I win, coz' if I'm not wrong, this boy in front of me whose name I don't remember is one of their strongest wolves and that explains his attitude.

He really thought that I am the same Ellie from before, I couldn't wait to show him his place right now in front of all these people. My brother and Jackson had worried looks on their faces. Oh, this is going to be fun...

Kade asked us to take our positions and then he blew the whistle, as I had anticipated he didn't take the first move, so I thought let's play with him for a Lil bit.

I threw a normal punch to his face and he easily dodged it, he smiled and threw a fast punch towards me but I bent down and punched his stomach weakly, it didn't affect him a lot and he threw a kick at me but pushed it away and punched his face hard.

He stumbled back and there was blood coming from his nose now, he was pissed and came running towards me to punch me but I easily dodged it went behind him and kicked his leg, and he fell down.

I smiled tauntingly and motioned him to get up and fight, he got up and swung for a hook but I held his fist and did an uppercut, now there was blood coming from his mouth too.

All the people there were pretty much in shock, they probably didn't expect me to be this good. He got up, it was getting boring now so I decided to attack and end this dual quickly. I threw a jab across his face and kneed him in the stomach.

While he was bent down clutching his stomach, I went behind him and locked his neck. He was trying very hard to break free, but I wouldn't let him. He at last tapped out and the dual was over.

My people clapped for me and the others were looking at me with their mouths open, I looked at7 the boy who I had just fought with, he was laying there panting with blood all over his face.

"Do you want to test more of my capability or was this enough?" I asked him,

and he looked down in fear, I laughed and walked away from there. "Okay, that is all for today from tomorrow there should be no complaints," said Kade.

I went back inside the house and I bumped into Jackson. Without looking at him, I was going ahead but he held my hand and stopped me. I looked at my hand and then looked at him expressionlessly, he immediately released my hand.

"Ellie, I want to talk to you," he said,

"what is there to talk Jackson"

"Cmon, you are coming back after 2 years, we did not have any idea where you were or even if you are alive or not"

"do you even care, like you were the one who bullied me and rejected me"I scoffed,

"I was stupid back then, I did not know how it was going to affect you, and trust me I have regretted it ever since"

I just ignored his stare and looked elsewhere, 

"After I rejected you, my wolf was very mad at me and when you left the pack, it just got worse. He refused to come out, so it has been 2 years since I have turned"

"It's all your fault, you brought this upon yourself. I really looked up to you, I have always loved you and wished that you were my mate but you crushed my dreams, my hope, my will, you broke me"

"I am very sorry Ellie, I do not know what else to say. I know all the things that I did were very wrong and that there is no explanation for my actions but please forgive me" he had tears in his eyes by now,

"I don't know, I cant forgive you just yet,  you put me through hell even when I was at my worst, you didn't care that I had lost my parents, you just didn't care at all. You even turned my brother against me."

He had nothing to say, of course, how will he, I just shook my head and walked away from him. I didn't feel our mate's bond at all, I don't know about him but it was completely broken from my side.

I went up to my room and showered as I had to get ready for my date with Kay. It was 9 am now, so I was sure she will take me for breakfast first.

I wore black&white checkered pants with a white cropped turtle neck and paired it up with my black boots.

There was a knock on the door and I went to open it.

______________________________________________________________________________

HOW ARE YOU ALL LIKING THE STORY SO FAR?

Will be uploading soon.

bye!