004

January 26th
__________________

A full week of filming season four of Stranger Things has passed and to say the least, it was beginning to look like this whole thing was going to be one of the best parts of Harlow's life.
Her and the cast have been having an incredible amount of fun, Maya however seemed a little off. So off that not only Harlow and the other cast members but also the show's director Shawn noticed it too.

"Okay cut!" Shawn yelled in annoyance as he called Maya over, rubbin his temples to try and calm himself down.
"Maya what's up with you? I mean you were incredible this last season and even you're fantastic now but your scenes with Harlow are horrific." he told her, Harlow overhearing the conversation.

"I know I'm sorry." she apologised, trying her hardest not to get frustrated. "You're a very talented actress but I just don't see the chemistry that you guys supposedly have." Shawn started, very calm by now. "You better get your shit together or Claire's gonna be Eddie's love interest like she was supposed to be." he said in a warning tone, Maya simply nodding her head to answer.

"I wouldn't mind that!!" Joseph shouted from the other side of the room as Harlow laughed beside him, making Shawn ease up a little, as he chuckled to himself too.

The two were deep into their laughing fit, the 23 year old woman and 26 year old man acting like they were 5 year olds again. That was until a very frustrated and kind of sad looking Maya Hawke decided to interrupt the fun they were having.

"Can we talk?" she asked looking at Harlow who muttered a 'sure' before excusing herself from Joe, telling him that she'd be right back.

"What's up?" Harlow asked as she held the door open for Maya, waiting for her to walk out of the studio before doing so herself. They were both wearing masks but Harlow took hers off, while getting out a pack of cigarettes and lighting one.

"I think I'm gonna give Claire back to Eddie." the younger girl sighed, kicking some rocks around that were under her feet.
"What?" she just nodded, not wanting to say a word. "But why?" Harlow asked again, breathing in the smoke from her cigarette.

"I just don't think I'm good enough to be anyone's love interest. I can't act the part." Maya finally spoke up, not daring to look at the shorter woman beside her. "Plus there's someone I like these days and I think it's just messing with my head." she said, laughing sadly.

"May I ask who is it?"
"I'd rather not say." Maya spoke so shyly, that Harlow had no idea what was up with her behaviour.
"Just don't tell me it's Keery cause then I'm definitely gonna throw something at you." she said as she dropped her cigarette on the ground, putting it out by stomping on it.
Maya shook her head laughing, uttering out a small 'no'.

"Alright so do you really wanna give this up?" Harlow asked as Maya once again shook her head to answer.
"Okay then what we're gonna do is we're gonna spend more time together from now on, and practice as much as we can in our freetime." she explained as Hawke kept nodding her head, a slight but sad smile on her face.

"Agreed?" she asked, holding out her hand to Maya.
"Yes ma'am." she replied, shaking Harlow's hand. The girl's eyes widened as it was probably the first time someone she liked called her ma'am.

She somehow managed to mutter out a small 'bye', this time her leaving Maya alone without the other having a clue of what just happened.