Chapter 2

POV Lizzie:

My sister and me decided to take a stroll for near our mother's house to see if she already lives there.

While we were nearing her house, we see her, the same as in the future, so maybe she is a vampire already.

"Is that mom?" Josie asks whispering.

I nod and then look to where our mother is, seeing that she has sensed us and is looking towards us.

"I think we should go." I whisper to Josie.

But before we could take a step, our past mother was in front of us.

"Who are you? I have never seen you in Mystic Falls."

"My sister and I together with some friends are new in town, we arrived early this morning." Josie says nervously.

"Oh, sorry if I scared you. It is just that a lot has happened this last year and some of us are a little paranoic with the new people in town." She says starting to rumble.

"What do you mean?" I ask, trying to get some information.

'Maybe we can find out what is happening exactly'

"Some people died, attacked by beasts in the forest." Our past mom explains. "But it's nothing to worry about, if you don't enter the forest."

"I see, thank you." I say, then look at the watch, seeing that it was nearing the time to meet. "I think that we should start to go to the Grill to meet with our friends."

"Can I accompany you? I must go there anyway." Caroline asks.

I look at my sister seeing her nod, so I look at our past mom and nod at her.

With that we start the walk to the Mystic Grill.

POV Grayson:

My sister and me are walking through some streets in the middle of the street when suddenly we saw our little cousins Isabella and Luke next to the past Elena Gilbert.

"Should we go and see what is happening?" My twin asks me.

I nod and then we approach the three hearing that she was making sure that they were okay.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Nik, Jen!" Our cousins shout our nicknames at seeing us.

"What is happening?" Miranda asks.

"I was just worried they seem too little to be wandering around alone, and you seem the same age as the little girl." The doppelgänger tells us.

"Sorry, our older siblings let us explore before having to meet them and as my parents think that we are strong enough to protect ourselves we didn't think much about it." I explain to my past mother.

"It is okay, but this town can be dangerous sometimes. So, you are siblings?"

"Me and Nik are twins and, Isabella and Luke are our cousins, but they are siblings." My twin explains.

"So, when are you meeting your older siblings?"

I check the time and see that it is almost time to meet the others in the Grill.

"We should be meeting them in a few minutes in the Grill." I answer her.

"I can take you four if you want, I have to go there anyway." She offers.

I nod and then she takes us to her car. We put Luke at the back and Miranda and Bella go sit with him, while I sit at the front next to my past mother.

"I'm Elena Gilbert, by the way."