Chapter 10

POV Hannah:

The next day, I wake up, dress and go downstairs, where I see that almost everyone is awake. The only people that are not still here are my past father, my little cousins, Bella and Luke, and my little siblings, Grayson and Miranda.

After about half an hour, Bella, Luke, Grayson and Miranda come downstairs, but there is still no sign about my past father, so I decide to ask to Aunt Bekah.

"Aunt Bekah?" I ask her and see her a little confused at first, but then she changes to an excited look and wait for me to ask what I want to ask. "Where is my past dad?"

"Oh, he is in Denver" She replies, leaving all of us shocked except for her and Uncle Lijah.

"What?!" I yell confused, was he so overwhelmed by having kids that he left?

"Don't worry, he didn't leave because of you." Uncle Lijah reassure us, and then I see that my siblings were also distressed by him leaving.

"Why did he leave, brother?" Uncle Nik asks confused. Even his daughter thought that if someone were to escape it would be his father, Niklaus.

"He said that Elena asked him to go see her brother and after some time to bring him back here." Aunt Bekah answers. So, he is going to bring Uncle Jeremy?

"He also said that he wanted to use this time with the little Gilbert to get to know him and Miss Gilbert and to resolve his feelings for her." Uncle Lijah says, so that is the reason, I think I remember mom telling us that he did something similar a little bit after they met. Maybe it is because he wants to do things right with mom.

I look at my aunt and uncle and see them shocked, probably because dad was not like that before he met mom.

I then decide to go to mom, to know more about what is happening, it is distressing to not know anything. We should have insisted our parents to tell us more about what happened, we did not even know that mom was friends with Lizzie and Josie's mom, Caroline.

"I will go with mom." I declare and see them nod.

"Okay, we will stay here." Hope tells me.

I leave to go to the Gilbert house, where I find my past mom preparing to leave at the front of the door.

"Are you going somewhere, mom?" I see her looking confused, but then she realizes, she is probably a little sleepy.

"Yes, I'm going to the police station." She replies and I look at her confused, because why would she want to go there. She notices and clarifies it. "Ric got arrested for the murders that have been happening since before you arrived."

"Ric? As in Alaric Saltzman, Lizzie and Josie's dad?" I ask.

"Yes, do you maybe know something about it?" She asks hopefully.

"No, you and dad never told us anything about anything of this." I say dejectedly.

"It's okay, we decided not to tell you about it, maybe because I didn't want you to know about how I was thrown into the supernatural world and all that happened to me because of it." She explains, then she probably sees me with a sad face and adds. "Do you want to accompany me? Maybe, I did say something to you about it but not directly?"

"Do you mean that maybe you gave me some hint about it?" I ask and she nods, so I decide to go with her.

We arrive at the police station and when we enter it, Damon Salvatore approaches us.

"Elena, were you that angry of seeing me with the Barbie Klaus that you didn't come see us later?" He asks acting hurt, then she sees me. "You, aren't you one of the kids staying at the Boarding House? Where were you yesterday? Neither Stefan nor I saw you."