Way of the Golden Weapon (Pilot1/2)

"Long before time had a name, Ninjago was created by the First Spinjitzu Master, by using the Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu: The Sword of Fire, the Scythe of Quakes, the Shurikens of Ice, and the Nunchucks of Lightning. Weapons so powerful, no one can handle all of their power at once." 

"When he passed away, his two sons swore to protect them, but the eldest was consumed by darkness and wanted to possess them. A battle between brothers broke out, and the oldest was struck down and banished to the Underworld. Peace returned, and the younger brother hid the weapons, but knowing his older brother's relentless ambition for power, he placed a guardian to protect them," the old man finished. 

He's sitting down across from me, a rice hat covering his head, while a long white beard decorates his face. He looks at me with his almost glowing golden eyes, grief mixing with fear, but also something else. Hope?

"Why are you telling me this, Father?" I question. I've grown up hearing about the stories of Ninjago, from the legends of the First Spinjitzu Master to the more recent history of the Serpentine Wars. This tale is no different, I've practically memorized it with how important Father deems t to be. "I already know this."

"Lord Garmadon seeks the four elemental weapons," Father says, gravely. 

Those words, those simple words cause sharp ice to bolt up my spine. I mean, I shouldn't be surprised. My whole life I've known that one day he will return to Ninjago and search for the Golden Weapons. It's strange to think that it is finally happening.

"It is time to seek out the four ninjas so we can retrieve the weapons first," he continues. The Golden Weapons are to be wielding by their respective ninja, a ninja of Earth, and ninja of Lightning, a ninja of Fire, and a ninja of Ice. 

I know that I am not one of these four ninjas, I've known that for a very long time. As we find the ninja, it will be my responsibility to help train them in order to protect the weapons.

Father slowly rises to his feet, showing off his white gi. It's a simple white gi, with a black belt being a stark contrast around his waist. Over his hear is a faded symbol, that almost resembles a flower. It's been the symbol of the monastery since the First Master was alive.

"I'm afraid that I must leave today."

That pulls me from my thoughts instantly. "What?" I snap my head up to look at him, only to be greeted by another solemn expression. Scrambling to my feet, I can't help the words that escape my lips, "But what about me?" I hate how my words comes out more like a whine, disappointment dripping off of them.

This isn't the first time he's left before. But those other times have been quick trips, usually last for only a few days. Despite the grand size of the ancient building, it's always just been the two of us. Sometimes, it can be great and sometimes. Sometimes it can be very lonely, especially when he leaves.

I know that isn't fair. He knows who the Elemental Masters are and where to find them. I know going with him will just slow him down. But still, I hoped that I could go with him given how important this mission is.

"Your job will be to stay here and guard the monastery until I return," he says, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder. This only causes my frown to deepen further, "I know you wish to come, but you are needed here." 

I know he's right.  The monastery can't be unguarded, especially not for who knows how long when we go searching for the Elemental Masters. If neither of us are in the monastery, one of us is always close enough to watch over it. 

Letting out a sigh, I meet his golden eyes, "Alright," I say, wrapping my arms around him, "be back soon, okay?" He returns my embrace, and, if possible, I squeeze him tighter.