Can of Worms

The sun shines through the windows, signaling the start of a new day. 

It's been a few days since Lloyd joined us. Surprisingly the others have started to warm up to him. Though none of them will admit it, I've caught each of them hanging out together. Lloyd has been playing video games with Kai, helping Cole cook in the kitchen, watching movies with Jay, and talking about a little bit of everything with Zane.

Sitting up in my bed, I stretch and run my fingers through my hair. With Lloyd safe with us, all that's left is to stop Pythor from opening the other two tombs. Unfortunately, we don't have the map, so we've been stuck.

So, when our time isn't spent on looking for the Serpentine or training, we get free time. Speaking of which, the bedroom is empty, the other bunks made. I must have slept in because I doubt the others woke up early.

Climbing out of bed, I head into the empty bathroom and start to brush my hair. Looking at my reflection, I smile as the bags under my eyes have lightened a lot over the past few days. 

My violet pajamas, slightly wrinkled from wear, match the red, black, and blue pajamas thrown in the hampers behind me. Despite how different we all are its sweet hat we all have matching pajamas.

Just as i finish pulling my hair into a ponytail, I hear the bedroom door creak open.

"Hey, Yue," Lloyd's voice chimes in. Turning his way, he's dressed in his cleaned black hoodie, he stopped wearing the cape a while ago but sometimes as his hood up. Like now, his blonde bangs barely visible under the shade from the hood.

"Hey, Lloyd," I smile, noticing just how similar our blonde hair is, "What's up?"

"Nothing much," Lloyd responds a little too causally, shrugging his shoulders as he looks around the room. His head then turns back in my direction, "Oh, by the way, Jay asked to borrow your gi."

"What?" I question, dropping my smile, my voice hard. 

"Something about a robot, I think," Lloyd shrugs. 

Not saying a word, I bolt past the boy and into the hallway. Dread washes over me with each step. While Jay might be talented at building, he's also not the cleanest. 

I squint at the morning sun as I hop on deck. Scanning the surround area, I spot the metal machine, oiled covered rags and tools littered all around it.

Getting closer I realize those aren't rags, it's my gi. Carefully picking it up, the once violet color is now drenched in black oil and grease. The only indicator that it's my gi is the grimy purple that lays underneath.

Anger slowly washes over me, but I don't move. My feet planted firm as I just stare at my dirty gi. That's until something else catches my eye. Littered amongst the tools is several other oil covered cloths. I don't even have to touch them to know that it's the rest of my gis.

My blood boils at the dight. It's one thing to take one of my gis without permission, but all of them?

"Jay!" I scream, clenching my fist tighter around my ruined gi.

With anger guiding my way, I storm back below deck, looking for a ninja in blue. Heading down the hallway, muffled sounds spill from our bedroom, growing louder as I near.

"You couldn't just be happy with the top score," Kai's voice yells, "You had to rub it in my face!"

"How am I supposed to strike fear in this?" Zane's voice screams, "It's pink!"

Slamming open the door, the shouts stop dead. The four boys are all standing in a circle, dressed in their gis, minus Zane who is also in his pajamas.