Rise of Snakes

"It is I..." a voice yells out. A shadowy figure slowly formed in the darkness, laughing mischievously. A giant black figure covers the side of a mountain.

The shadow slowly moves closer, the voice yells again, "...Lloyd Garmadon!"

The shadow starts to shift and change again. Red eyes glow in the shadow. The same shadow that controlled the skeleton army.

Only instead of the malicious eyes of Lord Garmadon, these eyes have red rings. The rings seem to spiral outwards in almost a hypnotic way.

"The Serpentine? They're real?" another voice suddenly yells out. 

The red eyes and shadow slowly disappear. Replaced by a hissing noise that slowly grows louder.

With a sharp shout, I snap my eyes open. My familiar bedroom doused in the early morning light floods my vision. A cool sweat covers my forehead as I gulp down air desperately.

Still reeling from my nightmare, I try to get out of bed only to tangle in my blankets. I stumbled onto the floor with a painful thud, and the blankets draped over me. 

With a groan, I slowly sit up, and push off the twisted mess of a blanket off of me. I look at my hand and see it shaking ever so slightly.

I grasp it with my other hand and close my eyes. Taking a few slow and deeps breaths, I calm myself down.

Feeling better, I brush of the dream and try to enjoy the remaining peacefulness of the early morning. Before the boys wake up and begin being their chaotic selves. 

Standing up and brushing off my violet stripped pajamas I change into my gi. Like nearly all my other clothes, my gi is the same shade of purple. 

Slipping on the simple gi, I adjust my bet and the braided twist that wraps around my waist and diagonally across my chest, a metal dragon head attached in the front.

While our gis are identically, save for the color, each of our metal dragon heads are slightly different. Zane's somewhat resembles a snowflake, Kai a flame, Cole mountains, and Jay a storm cloud. Mine is similar to Kai's and Jay's, only the dragon head seems to resemble smoke rather than a flame or cloud.

Grabbing a hairbrush, I start to work at the tangles in my hair. The bristles easily weave between the blonde strands. 

In the very few photos I've seen of my father when he was younger, before is hair turned white, he had the same color as me. Even though blonde hair seems to run in my family, I sometimes wish that it matched my mother, whatever color her hair was.

Pushing away the thought, I pull my hair into my usual ponytail, leaving a few strands to frame my face. As long as I can remember, I've always had long hair and always had it up in a ponytail. 

Stepping into the quiet hallway I head down to the kitchen. After Kai and Nya joined and got settled, we all very quickly established our routine. Usually either me or Father are the first ones awake, then followed closely by Nya. I don't know who out of the boys wakes up first, but somehow, they all manage to join the rest of us together.

Juding by the quietness of the old monastery, I'd say I'm the first one awake today. Entering the kitchen, I grab the teal tea pot, sitting on the counter. Filling it with water, I set it on the stove.

Back when it was just Father and I, we would have tea for breakfast. When Zane joined, we continued to have tea. Even though the team has grown since then, we've developed our own rhythm. 

I'll usually make tea for everyone if I wake up first, but every once in a while, someone else will beat me to it. 

If it's Zane, he'd make an amazing array of breakfast foods, all of them perfectly made. Cole can surprisingly make decent pancakes, but that's when he's not trying to add things to the recipe. Kai would make things like oatmeal or sometimes, if he's still tired, cereal. Jay on the other hand has never woken up first, unless you count the several times, he's accidently stayed awake all night.