The Green Ninja

"The battle between our worlds is inevitable," a familiar voice declares.

Who is that? No...Garmadon?

"I'm back, Ninjago," Garmadon says menacingly, his evil laugh echoing around me.

"No!" I shout, waking up in the dark room. 

This is bad. This is really bad. Garmadon can't be back in Ninjago. Father isn't back yet, and we still have the Serpentine to deal with.

The room is suffocating. Hyperventilating, I fling off my blanket and sprint to the door. I barely register the snores from the others passed out in their bunks.

Entering the dark hallway, I go directly to Father's empty room. Lighting a small candle, I start to dig through his shelves and scrolls.

 "Come on," I mutter, scanning through papers. He had to of left some clue as to where he's gone. I don't know when he's coming back so I have to get him.  I lower the paper in my hands, finding nothing again, "There has to be something," I mumble, my voice cracking.

"Yue?" 

Startled, I drop the scroll I was holding and turn towards the voice. Kai is in the doorway in his red pajamas, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

 "Are you okay?" he asks, seeing my panicked face, "Was it a vision?"

"Garmadon," I respond, my voice barely above a whisper. "I saw Garmadon," I say louder, tears pricking my eyes, "and he-he's back and I don't know what to do-" I choke back a sob as Kai races to my side. Crouching down to my level, he places his hands on my shaking shoulders.

"It's okay," he says, trying his best to comfort me, "just breathe." 

He takes a deep breath, pausing before slowly letting it out. Taking another breath, this time I copy him.  After a few moments I manage to tell him what I heard.

"That can't be it?" Kai replies, the gears in his head turning, "Do you think you can see anything else?"

I think for a moment. I did have that vision of Lloyd and Pythor at Darkly's a while ago. Besides, this way, I might even know when Father comes back. "I'll try," I answer. 

Sitting in the middle of the room, I slow my breathing, thinking about what I saw. 'Garmadon is back...where will he go now...does he know about Lloyd...'

Yells from fighting ring out over the clash of weapons. Everything is hazy, going by in blurs. A red and a black figure seem to be fighting each other.

"I defeated him," Kai's voice cheers, "I did it!"

Kai? Who's him? Garmadon?

The two blurry figures fades, replaced by a golden glow. Green energy crackling around it.

"...is the Green Ninja," Sensei declares.

Father?

The gold and green disappear, replaced by a molten red glow. Kai stands there, clear as day, his body glowing a brilliant golden red. A warm glow radiates as crackling fire surrounds him.

"It was him the whole time."

With a short gasp I'm pulled from my vision. Kai sits across from me, snapping his head my way as he looks at me expectantly. I'm quiet for a moment, replaying everything I saw in my vision.

 Glancing around the room, I spot something tucked away in a cupboard. Standing wordlessly, I walk past Kai and open the small doors.

"What are-" Kai stops as he sees the Green Ninja gi, neatly folded.