Weapons of Destiny (Pilot3/4)

"Achoo!" I sniffle, wrapping my arms around me. The next Golden Weapon is the Shurikens of Ice, which is kept in the Ice Temple. The only way to get to the temple is by boat, and we've currently been drifting down the icy river for hours.

"I hope you do not catch a cold," Zane says.

"Thanks, Zane. Aren't you cold too?"

"Not particularly, no."

"Lucky you," Kai comments sarcastically, shivering from the wind. As we keep look-out, Jay decides to break the silence.

"I spy something..." he trails off before shouting, "white!"

Cole lets out a sigh, trying to focus on steering, "Could you try to be quiet for once? This ain't easy," as if on cue the boat hits something, making a loud splash.

"I spy something broken!" Jay jokes. I look back at Kai as he begins to speak.

"If Sensei knows the way to the next Golden Weapon, then why isn't he steering the ship?" Shivering, he looks at Father, "We've been drifting aimlessly for miles."

Following his eyes, Father sits perched on the tip of the bow. His eyes closed and arms held out, swaying softly with the ship.

"Sensei's wisdom is beyond my own," Zane comments.

"What are you thinking, Sensei?" I ask our teacher.

Dropping his pose, Father turns to us, "The most powerful move in  Spinjitzu can only be accomplished when all four elements are combined," he jumps down and strikes a pose for each element: "Earth! Ice! Fire! Lightning!"

"What about me?" I question, "I don't have an elemental power."

"Patience, my child," Father consoles, "Your time will come."

"Uh, what happens when all of them are combined?" Jay asks, standing beside us.

"The Tornado of Creation," he explains, "The power to create something out of nothing." Kai then begins to jump around, attempting to copy the movements Father had done just moments ago. "No, Kai!" Sensei warns, "If done incorrectly, it will lead to disastrous consequences."

"Disastrous consequences. Right." Kai rolls his eyes, not believing him. Suddenly the boat lunges forward, knocking everyone over.

"Uh, wasn't me," Cole says from the helm.

"Did I do that?" Kai asks, worriedly looking at his hands.

"No," Father says, walking to the railing, "We are here."

"Nice steering, Cole," I grumble. The Earth Ninja scratches the back of his neck in embarrassment.

Leaving Sensei on the boat, the five of us traveled up the frozen path to the Ice Temple. Just like the name implies, the entire thing is a giant mountain of ice. An archway, also made from ice, marks the entrance to the temple.

 Walking inside it grows colder the further we go. Looking around, everything is made out of ice crystals. Continuing down the main corridor soon skeletons, trapped in block of ice, start to litter the halls.

"Whoa," Cole says, spotting the skeletons, "looks like someone's already been here." Walking further we enter the end of the hallway. The Shurikens of Ice are floating high in the air, and just above them was another dragon head, this was icy blue.

"The shurikens!" Zane says, pointing in their direction. We each attempt to jump, but unfortunately, they are too high up.

"We need a better plan," I say, looking up at the shurikens.