The Snake King

The hot desert sun is beating down over the Sea of Sand.  Nothing but the endless desert as far as the eye can see. The only thing breaking the smooth terrain is a giant hole. Several feet into the sand, familiar blue and purple snakes hold shovels as they dig.

"We're wasting our time, Pythor," Skales complains, glancing at the walls of sand surrounding them, "There's nothing here but sand and dust."

"Keep digging," Pythor orders, digging deeper, "The Lost City of Ouroboros is under us."

The City of Ouroboros?

"Oh, face it," Skales sasses, throwing his shovel to the ground, "your first attempt to unite the tribes failed," he glares at Pythor with his spiraling red eyes, "and now that you have lost your flock, you've become desperate."

"I am desperate, my disloyal number two," Pythor hisses, narrowing his gaze, "but only to bring our kind together so that we can unleash the Great Devourer.

"You put too much faith in legends," Skales argues back simply, "Besides, all the Serpentine know is to be at war with one another."

Ignoring him, Pythor turns away and continues to dig. The sound of metal hitting stone stops them in their tracks. Brushing the sand aside with his hand, a stone circle with ancient writing on it is revealed.

"Skales, I believe we've found it," Pythor laughs cockily, turning the dial. 

In an instant, the ground starts to move, sand shifting around them. The sand almost seems to melt away at a rapid pace. Sand colored, stone statues rise from the ground making themselves known. Giant stone like structures emerge in their wake, some towering in the sky.

Now standing in the center of a giant stone spiral, Pythor smirks at his second in command, "I present to you the city formerly known as the Lost City of Ouroboros."

Gasping, I'm pulled from my vision, sitting in a meditation pose on the floor.

This isn't good. Pythor now has a home base for the Serpentine, and unlike a treehouse, this won't be good for Ninjago. Not to mention I barely have any idea where it is.

Skales said the city was just a ledged, so I doubt it will show up in any recent maps. So, I'll have to check over the scrolls we have. But right now, I should go tell the others.

With somewhat of a plan, I rise from my place on the floor. Heading down the hall I make my way to the dining room. Aside from the four other ninjas, Lloyd sits beside them, hood down to show off his blonde hair.

"First, I'll stomp on his tail," Lloyd explains with a cocky grin, "Then when he turns, a thunderclap to his ears. Then when he's stunned, I'll disarm him."

"Too late," Cole counters, "He's already hypnotized you and now you're under his control."

"Or he's already put you in a squeeze," Zane says, looking to the young boy sitting beside him.

"Or spit on you with their hallucinatory venom," Kai adds, as I sit down beside him, "Trust me, bad stuff." 

Lloyd's shoulders slump in defeat, looking down at his feet. Before anyone can say anything else. the door opens, revealing Father. He's carrying a large black box in his hands.

"Uncle, what's the best way to stun a Serpentine if you don't know what kind they are?" Lloyd questions as the old man makes his way to his seat at the head of the table.

"Sadly," he answers, sending a berating glance at the rest of us, "it was the Sacred Flute you five carelessly lost."

"Hey, no, no, no," Jay corrects, throwing his hands up on defense, "we didn't lose it. Pythor stole it."