Meeting

Y/N POV

Just another day of life. I sigh trying to stay awake. My eyes droop halfway. I open them but again they droop. This time they fully close putting me to sleep.

Teacher: "Y/N!!!"

I snap awake as snickering fills the air.

Teacher: "What is the answer?"

I look at the board displaying the equation. After some deducing I come to the answer.

Y/N: "The answer is forty two."

Teacher: "Correct. Now onto the next lesson."

I sigh as the teacher continues with the lesson. Panning to the bottom row I see a male holding a sign with a demeaning message. The bell rings dismissing us. I pack my bag and bolt out the door. But the teacher stops me.

Teacher: "Stay. I wish to have a word with you."

I take a seat at his desk.

Y/N: "What is it?"

Teacher: "It's you Y/N. You've been slacking off."

I internally groan.

Teacher: "What's going on Y/N? I know you're smart but you're keeping your grades average. Is life at home troubling?"

Y/N: "No."

Teacher: "Bullies?"

Y/N: "Nope."

Teacher: "Then what is it?"

I remain silent. This causes the teacher to sigh.

Teacher: "I'm going to meet an old friend tomorrow and I want you to come with me."

Y/N: "Why?"

Teacher: "He owns a very successful company that specializes in bioengineering. If you go then you can hopefully see what happens when you apply yourself. It'll be good for you."

Y/N: "If that's what you think, I'll go. What time are you going?"

Teacher: "Be here no later than eight."

Y/N: "Will do."

I reach my home to find it dead silent as usual. I head to the fridge and withdraw a tea jug. Sipping from it I sit on the couch turning on the tv.

Lisa: "Mark your calendars because tomorrow is the grand opening of Grand Step's newest exhibit."

I flip through the channels.

Y/N: "Is there nothing good on?"

That night I make a dinner for one. As I munch I think about the empty house. It wasn't always like this. I once had a loving set of parents. But when they found out their darling son was semblance and auraless they left him to fend for himself. 

I could honestly care less if they're around. They can enjoy a burden free life. All that matters to me is that I'm alive, nothing less. The next day I shift through my closet trying to find an outfit to wear. I eventually land on one.

 I eventually land on one

*ignore the man. you can take away the scarf if you want*

Fixing my sleeves I make my way to school.

Teacher: "You made it."

Y/N: "So I did."

Teacher: "Let's get going."

Getting in his car we head to the heart of Vale. I exit the car to see a rather impressive building.

 I exit the car to see a rather impressive building

Y/N: "Woah."

Teacher: "Impressive right?"

Y/N: "You could say that."

We enter the facility heading to the reception desk. 

Man: "Erik."

Erik: "Watts."

They share a hug. Watts then looks at me.

Watts: "Who's this?"

Erik: "This' Y/N L/N."

I shake his hand.

Watts: "How're you?"

Y/N: "Good."

Erik: "So, shall we begin our meeting?"

Watts: "Yes."

He faces me.

Watts: "There's a tour going on. Feel free to join them."

He then hands me a badge.

Watts: "Use this to access the VIP areas."

I clip the badge to my shirt. 

Watts: "Follow me Erik."

They walk away.

Y/N: "Now where is that tour?"

I walk around until I find said tour. We walk around before stopping at window looking into a room.

Guide: "And this' where we test our latest gadgets. You can-"

I look past the group to see a scientist going into a room labeled secret.

Y/N: "I wonder what's behind there."

When no one's looking I enter the secret room.