Post Initiation

Y/N POV

The black void goes away as the world finally comes into view. I groan grabbing my head. 

Y/N: "How long was I out?"

I'm hit by a foul smell. Looking around is when I'm made aware of the sight around me. There're Grimm carcasses littering the scene all leading to me.

Y/N: "What happened here?"

I stand becoming aware of my shredded clothes.

Y/N: "And what happened to my clothes?"

My scroll dings. Looking at it I see a voicemail from Ruby.

Ruby: "Hey Y/N. I'm just calling to see where you were at. I didn't see you at all during or after initiation so I got kinda worried. I also wanted to tell you that you're on your own team. Please just call back so I know you're alright. Please."

I look at the time going wide eyed.

Y/N: "I'm gonna be late!!"

Bolting to my room I fetch a fresh set of clothes. I then book it overtime to class. I make it right as the late bell rings.

Port: "Cutting it close. Don't let it happen again."

Y/N: "Will do."

I take my seat between Ruby and Yang.

Ruby: "There you are. Where were you?"

Y/N: "I overslept."

Ruby: "Where'd you get off to?"

Y/N: "I kinda got trapped fighting Grimm in the emerald forest. When I got done it was already pretty late. So I figured I'd just spend the night in the forest."

Ruby: "Oh. You had me worried."

Y/N: "Sorry."

Port: "The Grimm have many names. But to me they're simply prey."

He laughs jollily only to stop.

Port: "You shall call them this upon your graduation. Now as you know Vale is among the four kingdoms designed to offer us a safe space in an otherwise dangerous world. A world that's teeming with all sorts of things ready to tear you apart. But that's where we come in. Huntsmen and Huntresses."

He pauses.

Port: "These're people who've sworn their lives to protecting those that call this world home. From what I hear you asking. Why the world itself. That's why you're here, to join that cause. But before I get into how to do that I'd like to share a story."

He rambles on about a story from his youth. I become bored sighing just a little too loud.

Port: "Y/N, since you find this class boring why don't come down here for a little demonstration?"

I get up walking down to him. 

Port: "Begin the demonstration."

He opens a cage door. A Borbatusk comes roaring out. But upon seeing me it squeals running back into the cage.

Port: "Strange."

He shoots at the Borbatusk's feet sending it back at me. I dive out of the way as its tusk narrowly misses me. 

Port: "Nice dodge."

The Borbatusk power slides facing me again. It kicks up the ground eyeing me with fury. With a squeal it charges towards me. I panic bracing for the end. But for some reason my body moves on its own. My feet become rooted to the ground as my arms are held out.

Y/N: "What's happening?"

The Borbatusk roars slamming into my hands. Pain shoots all the way to my chest but the Borbatusk begins rising. My hands grab its tusks and slams the Borbatusk onto its pine. A loud snap fills the air as the Borbatusk bursts into dust.

Port: "Wonderfully done. Be sure to go over today's readings and always be on alert."

I look at my palms which have split open. But instead of bleeding the wounds simply close. I close my hands and speed walk towards my dorm. I lock the door and expose my chest.

Y/N: "Time to test something."

I knock the lamp over shattering it on the ground. I then grab a shard. I take a deep breath.

Y/N: "Here goes."