Project Partners (Modern Day AU Request)

*A/N 1: This chapter was requested by Yuriballs. Here we are, although it's a bit late, the chapter is done!*

*This takes place in an Alternate Universe set in modern day. Claire must deal with Rae after they've been paired together for a group project.*

*Claire POV*

"Hey, Lady Claire!" I hear as I walk down the hall. Ugh, there's that annoyance, Rae Taylor. I can't fathom why she insists on following me everywhere. It seems like nothing I do can ever deter her, if I ignore her she continues, but if I tell her to stop, she still continues!

"Ugh, what do you want this time, Commoner?" I ask her, very annoyed.

"Ooh, you've given me a new nickname, you're so generous!" She states, attempting to hug me. Though I sidestep out of the way before she could.

"Are you dumb? It's supposed to be an insult!" I angrily state.

"It's shows that you're thinking about me, and that's enough to make me feel good," she energetically states. I swear, I cannot take this girl.

"So did you actually have something to say, or did you come just to annoy me?" I ask, quickening my pace.

"Nope, I just wanted you to talk to me!" She exclaims, beaming her smile at me.

After hearing that, I simply glare at her and keep my mouth shut. If she wants me to talk, I simply won't.

Though she seems to only smile brighter when I do this. Ugh, how do I deal with her? Well, I don't have much time to ponder it as we make it to classroom. Thankfully, she's seated at the other end of the classroom, I don't know what I'd do if we were seated together.

For the first half of class, the teacher started going over our next project. Apparently it's some sort of group project. After I heard that, I started spacing out, thinking about who I wanted to be my partner. The Commoner is immediately out of the question, having to do anything with her seems like a nightmare. Looking around the classroom, I realize for the first time that this entire class is only girls, which I find a bit odd.

"The groups have been predetermined, Yu and Touko, Sion and Riesbyfe, Yayoi and Vermillion, Edmund and Varley, the Aihara sisters, and finally Claire and Rae. I'll allow you to get together with your partners to discuss it." Mr.Bartels says, causing me to freeze. Did he seriously just put me together with that Commoner?!

I raise my hand to complain, but he immediately shoots me down by saying, "put your hand down Francois, the partners are final, so no complaining."

I put my hand and head down in defeat. Ugh, I'm really stuck with her aren't I? I glance over at her, and she looks elated, of course she does. Well, I don't have much of a choice, so I better make sure to set boundaries here. So I walk over to sit next to her, and before she has time to say anything, I immediately start setting my boundaries.

"Okay, first of all, we will strictly talk work, no small talk. Second, you will not touch me, and finally, you will not touch anything in my house, anything in there is probably worth more than you. Are we clear on that?" I ask, which seems to get her even more excited for whatever reason.

"I get to go to your house? That's so cool! Yes, I'll follow those rules to the letter!" She pledges, doing a dramatic pose. Well, she agreed to that easier than I thought, maybe if she actually follows them, this won't be so bad.

"Well... good, I'm glad you understand. We'll meet at my place tomorrow, around evening. I do not tolerate tardiness, understood?" I ask, to which she nods her head.