Broken Chains (Request)

*This is a request by Airylate !*

*A/N: I don't really know how to describe this chapter... also, Content Warning: Blood, Torture, Turnips.*

*Claire POV*

"Commoner! Ugh, where are you, Commoner?!" I exclaim, looking around. She is supposed to be my maid, but she's been missing all day! I suppose I should be happy that she's out of my hair for once, but someone needs to clean up around here!

"Misha! Dear Misha, have you seen your good for nothing roommate around here?" I ask, spotting Misha.

"Hm? Oh, hi Claire. Um... no, I haven't seen Rae. In fact, she didn't even come to our room last night, I have no idea where she could be," Misha admits, and that just irritates me more.

"How dare she just go off on her own like that, who does she think she is? Ugh... thank you, Misha. Tell me if you see her, alright?" I ask, and she nods her head.

"Well, maybe she wants to be alone right now?" Misha asks, and I scoff.

"She is my maid, Misha. If she didn't want that, she wouldn't have wormed her way into that position!" I exclaim, and Misha simply sighs in return.

"I suppose you have a point... alright, I'll let you know if she turns up," Misha says, and I nod to her.

"Good, thank you," I say, before going off to keep looking for her.

I go all around the academy looking for her, and there isn't a trace of her. Just as I'm about to give up hope, I'm tapped on the shoulder.

"Claire," I hear her voice sound out from behind me.

"Kyah!" I scream in surprise, as I jump back a bit, and see her standing behind me. For some reason she's wearing a weird hood I've never seen her wear before, which is obscuring her face.

"What the- what's wrong with you?! Where have you been, did you forget that you have a job to do?!" I reprimand her, but she just doesn't respond, which is very out of character for her.

"I need you to follow me, it's urgent," She says, grabbing my arm.

"Hey! You can't just order me around, Commoner!" I yell at her, but again, she doesn't seem to care.

"It's urgent, come on," she urges, and I suppose my curiosity has gotten the better of me, cause I'm really curious about what's going on.

She leads me to some dark room in the corner of this academy, I can't say I've ever been here before.

"You're as naive as ever, Claire," I hear her say, and before I can even respond, she pulls out her wand, taps it to my head, and my consciousness begins fading.

"What... are you..." I couldn't even finish my sentence, as she puts her fingers to my lips.

"Shh... night night, Claire," she says, before I drift into unconsciousness.

*an unknown amount of time later*

As I open my eyes, I cannot see anything around me. Wherever I am, it's surrounded by pitch black darkness.

"Ah, you're finally awake... good. Now, how about we get started?" She asked, the next thing I knew, I feel a dagger go through my hand.

"Agh! What the... what're you doing?!" I scream out in pain, blood flowing down my hand.

"Oh, don't waste your screams already... we have a lot more to get through," I hear her, but can't really see her. She's just a dark silhouette.

"Why're you doing this? Why?!" I scream, tears filling my eyes as even more blood flows down my hand.