Be Mine

Alexandria Yellow 

Alexandria Yellow 

G Herbo

_____

It was 5pm and I was on my way home from work. I've been at work since 5am yesterday. I was drained. The RN life wasn't for the weak. I made my way down the block to my house from where I parked my car. It was a big group of niggas.

I'm guessing a music video was going on. The only person who could possibly be shooting a music video would be Herb.

He was from Bed Stuy where I lived damn near my entire life. Anytime he saw me he'd stop whatever he was doing to speak to me and get on my nerve. 

The music stopped once I walked past them. "Yo Ally"! I heard Herb behind me. He consistently called me Ally or "Fats" even though those were neither of my nicknames I stopped in my tracks before throwing my head back. "Fats" was supposed to be a joke about my butt.

"what you want"? I turned around to him.

"Why you so fucking mean son fix ya face". He said pulling me into a hug. "Herb what do you want". I rolled my eyes.

"Where you been I ain't been seeing you". He said. "At work hence the pink scrubs". I said rubbing on my scrubs.

"Let me take you out tonight just once after that imma leave you alone". He pleaded. "You ask me this all the time and I tell you no Herb". I frowned. I knew how niggas like Herb worked.

They get the pretty girl and do them dirty and I had absolutely no time for herb and his shit. "Man look be dressed by 9 imma be at ya door". He kissed my forehead before walking away.

_____

I decided to let Herb take me out. Although I had to go downstairs to tell him that I was going he still ain't change his mind. " Mommy can you zip this dress for me ". I walked down the hall to my moms room.

"You look pretty where you going"? She spoke in her strong Trinidadian accent. "You remember Ms.Gail's grandson "? I asked hoping she'd say no. "Yesss". I turned around to her.
"You're going on date with Herbbie"?

She asked following me to my room. "Yes ma". I laughed slipping my feet into my heels. "Alright then, have fun be safe , I love you honey". She rubbed my shoulder before going about her business. "I love you too Ma". I smiled.

As I added finishing touches to my makeup I heard my mother speaking to somebody.

"Alright stop being so nervous girl it's just a date". I said to myself as I grabbed my YSL clutch and walked over to the living room to see my mother putting flowers in a vase and Herb holding pink roses. "He's super sweet Alex be niceeee to him.". She smiled as Herb walked over to me with a bright smile. "These fa you mama". He handed over the roses. "Thank you". I smiled.

_____

"Where we going"? I asked while he opened the passenger door for me. "mind ya business". He closed the door. "Rude ass". I said to myself as he got inna car. "I see you got a smile on ya face". He said pulling off from in front of my building.

"I'm smiling because I want to not because you made me smile". I blushed knowing that he definitely made me smile.
___

"Herb out of all the girls on this damn block why you pick me ". I turned to look at him. He sat there with one hand on the steering wheel and another on his chin. He wanted to be cool so bad it made me laugh in my head .

"Cause you got ya head on straight, you graduated college , you a nurse. Not many girls got shit going like that for themselves Ally". He said as the car came to a stop. We had only been  driving for about 20minutes.

"What's this Herb". I look out the window to this restaurant which looked like nobody was in but the waiters. "Girl come on get out the car". He opened the door. "I bought the restaurant out for us cause I remember you saying you liked privacy".

I smiled. This was gonna be one hell of an date.