Forever My Lady

"Hi, I'm Jasmine. Please thank your mom for this". I smiled.

"You got it pretty. Whatchu doing in this big house all by yourself"? He asked and before I could answer Herbs Benz came zooming into the driveway. "Wassup G"? He walked down the driveway and up the steps.

"Baby this is Jamal. He lives across the street and his mo-". He cut me off. "Who you"? He asked eyeing me and the flowers.

"Wassup Man. I'm Jamal. My dukes sent me over here with a gift and some flowers for the new neighbors. I don't mean no disrespect, I ain't know she had a man". He said.

Herb has such a horrible jealousy streak in him. He trusted me but his demeanor wasn't normal. "Tell her thank you Bro". He said pushing me inside and slamming the door. "Really"? I sighed setting the gifts down on the foyer table.

"His Moms ain't send him over here with those damn flowers. The gift ? Maybe". He said. "Babe the lady literally has a flower garden". I sat next to him.

"Bro waited for me to leave to try to move on you and you fell for it. Stop playing with me Jasmine". He said grabbing his rolling tray from beside the couch.

"Bro what"? It's a nice gesture from neighbors. What is wrong with you"?! I shouted instantly becoming annoyed.

"Bro dip real shìt". He said and little did he know he ain't said shìt but a word. "And eat that food it's inna car". He said as I grabbed his car keys off the table along with my purse and phone.

"Fuck you"! I shouted slamming the door. I got into the car before speeding off. My phone began ringing and I knew it was Herb. Declining his call he called once again

. "BRING BACK MY FUCKING CAR"! He screamed into the phone. He was upset at something else and it wasn't the car or the flowers & I was going to find out.
I hung up on him once again.

I pulled up to my shop getting out. "Where's Samiya. I walked in seeing she wasn't at her station. "I'm back here"! I heard her scream from the back. "Bro is Bibby acting weird"? I asked flopping down in my desk chair.

"He sure is acting like a little bitch, this morning I woke up tryna get some this morning he pushed me off of him. Then I was tryna kiss him goodbye and he brushed me off". She spoke up.
These niggas on one for real.

"The neighbors son came over to introduce himself & his mom and this nîgga Herb came home and started bugging". I sighed thinking about how bad we were gonna get into it at home once I got back. 

"Yeah girl I don't know what's wrong with them". She said stepping out his room. I heard tires screeching and in walked Herb and Bibby. Get your shit let's go". 

He said grabbing my purse off the desk. "Amaury what the fuck is your problem"?! I screamed at him. "You hiding shit from niggas now"? He said holding up my negative pregnancy test.

The test was inaccurate but it the doctors confirmed my pregnancy.
"I didn't hide anything!" I screamed back.

His face softened as my water works started up.
"I wouldn't hide this from you". I blinked away my tears.

"Let's go, Ion wanna discuss this in front of ya whole shop." He grabbed my hand leading me out the shop. 

"You're being really evil and mean for no reason bro!" I shouted. We were in the middle of Harlem arguing in front of mad people on some sucker shìt.

"Get your dumbass inna car Jazmine!" He yelled back. "FUCK YOU HERB!" I got in the car slamming the door. He walked over to my side grabbing me up in my seat. "Stop playing with me Jazz imma violate you".

I balled up my fist punching him square in his face. "GET THE FUCK OFF OF ME"! I said pushing him off and closing the door.

"I promise you when we get inna crib imma do something to you". He sped off into traffic damn near hitting somebody's car.

After about 5 minutes of driving I fell asleep to the sound of nothing. 20 minutes of my nap Herb woke me up from my sleep letting me know we were home.

"Come on". He shook me out my sleep. Ignoring him I walked into the house putting my purse down.
"I'm pregnant". I let out at him. "I know bro I found the ultrasound". He said throwing it at me.

"I didn't hide it from you". I grabbed the box that held the pregnancy announcement.
I took the onesie out the box and placed it on the bed. "I wanted to tell you at your birthday dinner." I held back my tears.

"I'm sorry Mama

"I'm sorry Mama. I was bugging out. I saw the test and shìt , I felt blindsided like you was lying to me". He said wiping my face of tears. "Herb, come to me next time don't lash out at me". I looked him dead in his eyes.

"I love y'all". He kissed my forehead rubbing my belly. "Oh yeah son we boutta drive mommy crazy." He laughed kissing my belly.