Forever My Lady

As I walked down the hallway of Herb's and I house I heard his screaming coming from downstairs

As I walked down the hallway of Herb's and I house I heard his screaming coming from downstairs. "Baby Shut Up "! I yelled holding onto the banister.  That damn game was getting on my nerve. I was 15 weeks today, I recently found out I was expecting. I definitely did get pregnant in Jamaica.

"what you doing out the bed Mama"? He asked as we reached the bottom of the steps. I had hurt myself at work. I was moving too fast and tripped over the millions of cords. I hurt my knee earning a hospital visit & being forced to relax. "I'm not handicapped".

"I'm hungry". I limped my way to the kitchen to eat the first thing I saw. "Why you ain't call for me"? He sat me down. "I did".

I rolled my eyes at him before popping some chips into my mouth. "Whatchu wanna eat"? He handed me a water bottle.

"A sandwich but that damn deli meat don't really be tasting the same" I sighed just deciding on a salad from Wendy's. Deli meat started to make me nauseous out of the blue & no was it good for the baby.
"Be safe Pudding". We shared a kiss. "Stop calling me that dumb ass name." He grilled me. "Whatever, I love you". I walked back to the living room laying on the sofa.

For some reason I felt extremely energized. I decided to unpack some boxes while I waited on my food.

Picking up the lightest box I could carry a knock came at the door. I wasn't expecting anybody, not even a package. I made my way through the foyer grabbing the lamp that was on the table.

I looked through the window seeing a man. "Who is it"? I deepened my voice. "Jamal. From next door". The guy held up some flowers in a vase. I opened the door.

"Wassup, How you doing? I'm Jamal from across the street. My mama sent me over here with these flowers and this gift. She saw you was expecting and wanted to introduce us. She couldn't walk over here to give it herself".

"I'm not expecting, I just be eating". I laughed rolling my eyes in my head. I was lying to him but so what. I wanted to surprise Herb so I didn't tell anybody.

He said handing me the blue gift and the very blue roses and pointing to his mom who sat in a wheel chair hooked up to a oxygen machine. I waved receiving one back. What made her think I was having a baby let alone a boy? I wasn't even showing yet.
"Hi, I'm Jasmine. Please thank your mom for this". I smiled.

"You got it pretty. Whatchu doing in this big house all by yourself"? He asked and before I could answer Herbs Benz came zooming into the driveway. "Wassup G"? He walked down the driveway and up the steps.

"Baby this is Jamal. He lives across the street and his mo-". He cut me off. "Who you"? He asked eyeing me and the flowers.

"Wassup Man. I'm Jamal. My dukes sent me over here with a gift and some flowers for the new neighbors. I don't mean no disrespect, I ain't know she had a man". He said.

Herb has such a horrible jealousy streak in him. He trusted me but his demeanor wasn't normal. "Tell her thank you Bro". He said pushing me inside and slamming the door. "Really"? I sighed setting the gifts down on the foyer table.

"His Moms ain't send him over here with those damn flowers. The gift ? Maybe". He said. "Babe the lady literally has a flower garden". I sat next to him. "Bro waited for me to leave to try to move on you and you fell for it. Stop playing with me Jasmine". He said grabbing his rolling tray from beside the couch.

"Bro what"? It's a nice gesture from neighbors. What is wrong with you"?! I shouted instantly becoming annoyed. "Bro dip real shìt". He said and little did he know he ain't said shìt but a word. "And eat that food it's inna car". He said as I grabbed his car keys off the table along with my purse and phone.

"Fuck you"! I shouted slamming the door. I got into the car before speeding off. My phone began ringing and I knew it was Herb. Declining his call he called once again. "BRING BACK MY FUCKING CAR"! He screamed into the phone. He was upset at something else and it wasn't the car or the flowers & I was going to find out.