The Cattle Drive - Part 1

Ben's POV - When we were free from activities, Roxie set up a campfire outside. Dave told us we could tell scary stories but I didn't want to. Dave insisted, so I clung to the oldest of us all, Kenji, bracing myself for a terrifying story from Darius.

"We thought it'd be fun.""We thought we'd be safe, but we didn't realise the horror waiting for us on the island. Claws... Teeth... Screaming... So much screaming...-"How much screaming?" I asked terrified, clinging onto Kenji's arm."Shh! He's getting to the good part." Kenji said, which I thought was rude."The T-Rex stalked closer. Her jaws open wide -"Then, when Darius was about to say something, a camera clicked loudly from somewhere. 

-Huh?-What?We all were staring at Brooklynn so she explained, "For the vlog, keep telling your little story." Darius pulls his hood back up and continues."The T-Rex sta-" "Dang! Out of space. Wait, I'm sorry, hold on." "Maybe I should start over." "No! You can just stop!" I shouted. I couldn't bear him to start all over again. Kenji replied, "Dude, chill. He's not even telling the story right now. And how is your grip this strong?!" No one believes I'm strong enough to do anything. I think they're right. "The T-Rex stalked-" "Shouldn't we call Yasmina over?" interrupted Sammy.

At this point, Darius gave up. He flopped on the log bench. We all stared toward Yasmina, who seemed happy by herself. "Maybe she wants to be by herself." "I don't understand" Sammy stated, frowning. "You know how people just want to be left alone," Kenji explained. I think he meant that about me.

Time Skip -

We were all standing in a huge field with 3 gyrospheres. "Saddle up, dudes and dudettes. We're going on a cattle drive, but with dinosaurs! It's a dino drive!" Said Dave and made a weird pose at the end. I started talking to Roxie and Dave. " And just to be clear, all these dinosaurs are herbivores, right?" "Well, they only chewed on the last kid a little, so we're like 99 percent sure they're cool." Roxie joked. I whimpered with fear. "Are you kidding me? Dinosaur migration patterns are my jam!" Darius said happily. "You may want to consider a new jam, bro. So, uh, you sure these things are waterproof?" Kenji said, pointing to the gyrospheres. "Looking pretty grim out here and hair this awesome does not come easily."

Yasmina's POV -

I got into one of the gyrospheres with no people in it. " This is going to be so sick!" I said to myself. "Right!" I jumped and saw Sammy getting into the gyrosphere with me. "Correction, I'm gonna be sick, and not the cool type!" I thought. "Now we're in a shell together, a shell for two!" She said, continuing off from our conversation of the previous night. "Yay." 

"Everyone, seatbelts at all times!" Dave shouted. I closed my eyes and leaned back in my seat. "Why did it have to be Sammy? Couldn't it be someone else? Even Ben!" I thought. I saw Ben smashing into the glass of the gyrosphere a few moments back and I would even want to be sitting there! Just not Sammy. I continued thinking about Ben and how I would want to be sitting next to him until Dave shouted, "Let the hearding begin!" We took off. As we were looking at all the Dinosaurs, I heard Sammy ask, "What's your favourite colour, favourite food, favourite colour of food?" I replied by saying "Orange, orange and orange." "Ooh, what do you and your friends do for fun? Sammy asked. "I train... alone... quietly." I don't have any friends, but I managed to keep it cool. She kept talking until I swerved the gyrosphere to the left and she stopped.

Ben's POV - I was driving the gyrosphere slowly and it was getting on Kenji's nerves. "You are the worst driver I have ever seen, bruh!" He exclaimed. I replied by saying, "If by 'worst', you mean 'safest', then yes, yes I am." And I nudged the joystick with my finger. "So not a compliment, now faster, faster, faster!" and he groaned.