Things Fall Apart - Part 1

Ben's POV -

"What up, camp cretaceous? Whoo-hoo!" Darius flew the door open in a good mood, expecting something fun to do today. I was sitting on the sofa, drawing and drinking carob juice. Kenji filled things in for Darius,

"Not in a 'Whoo-hoo' mood this morning, Darius. Not after yesterday. Trekking through a rainforest will do that." Kenji was still mad at me, but I knew it wasn't my fault. I tried to play cool, "We only had to walk because you crashed our gyrosphere," and pointed at him using my crayon. Long story short, Kenji did not take that lightly... Ok, maybe it wasn't that long but anyway, moving on.

"But, today's a new day! Kayak day!" "Who doesn't want to paddle alongside dinosaurs? Real dinosaurs!"

Darius didn't get it. He kept going on until he asked the right question. "Wait, where are Dave and Roxie?" Kenji answered Darius' question, "The babysitters took off early and left this," and gave him the note.

"BRB. Gotta go. Boss-talk. BB. Later. Smiley face." Darius read.

Kenji showed him Roxie's message at the back.

When Darius finished reading, Kenji was annoyed at the counselors. "Do they understand how old we are? When was the last time you even saw a crayon?"

 "Do they understand how old we are? When was the last time you even saw a crayon?"

I showed my drawing to Yasmina. It was a picture of Bumpy and me playing chess. However, Yasmina wasn't impressed,

"Hmm, I have notes." I looked down at my drawing. How am I going to impress Yasmina if I am not impressive?

Suddenly, Brooklynn slammed the door open, looking very angry. "Brooklynn. What's new on the internet, superstar?" Yasmina asked sarcastically. "I wouldn't know because when I went to get my phone from its charger, it wasn't there. Someone stole my phone!" Brooklynn scares me a lot. "Brooklynn, who hasn't had your phone? "I proved Yasmina right and said I needed to check the weather last night. 

One by one, everyone confessed that they used Brooklynn's phone at some point. Sammy, however, looked suspicious. "I... haven't seen it either," she stated nervously, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Really?" 

"Hey, hey, it's Ok. Since we're not kayaking till later, we'll have plenty of time to look for the phone." Darius said, trying to break the tension. Sadly, that didn't work, and Brooklynn and Yasmina started fighting.

Darius had to stop it,

"Brooklynn, guys, come on! We can't be this upset over phones. Let's make the most of this incredible opportunity!" "This is Jurassic World! It's- it's-" suddenly, a loud dinosaur cry interrupted Darius.

"What was that?" Asked Brooklynn nervously. Kenji tried to guess what dinosaur it was, but Darius dismissed it. I finally started talking, "Then what sort of dinosaur did it sound like? Friend-ish? Or foe-ish?" Everyone ran onto the balcony before I could finish. Darius thought it'd be a good idea to go and look at what the noise was from the observation tower.