Happy Birthday, Eddie! - Part 3

Ben's POV -

"It's a gift," I said. We all got out of the van and walked to the Genetics lab. As the lift reached the top floor, everything was dark until we saw...

...a birthday cake. It had 8 candles with what looked like vanilla icing. Suddenly, someone grunted and jumped up from behind the cake. We all screamed. I jumped and tried to hide. The person grabbed the lamp and shone the light into our eyes.

"Not dinosaurs, You're not dinosaurs." He said and slumped on the table in a heap. "This is the worst birthday ever," He sighed. Before we knew it, we were helping ourselves to the cake while Kenji was cutting slices. Darius smiled and said, "Again, we are so happy we found you. Things are crazy! There's a giant camouflaged dinosaur out there. Also, regular dinosaurs. We've been hoping to find someone-"

The creepy man wasn't listening to him. "You're sure you closed the door behind you, right?" He interrupted. "Umm, I think so," Darius replied. "You think, or you know?" He asked angrily. I took a few steps back from this bizarre man. Kenji then belched loudly after taking another slice of cake. "Sorry? Did you want it back?" He asked, gesturing to the cake.

"You know what? Doesn't matter. The dinosaurs got out and no one bothered to tell me; they just ran. So, why not? Knock yourself out." I stared at him with huge eyes. Who on earth was this demented psychopath?

Brooklynn flung down the phone shouting, "Ugh! There's no dial tone!"

"The landlines are down. So is the radio, and cell phone service keeps cutting out." The man stated, without looking at Brooklynn.

"But the park obviously has a plan. So, what's that plan. What do we do?" Darius questioned.

The man looked at us and asked, "You're asking me?" Then his mouth curved into a smile. Then he started laughing maniacally. "Asking me?"

We all backed away from him. I was sure I was going to get nightmares about him later. "Is that, like, a good freaky laugh?" Sammy asked, unsure of how to react to this terrifying sight. The freaky man stood up and looked at where Darius was. "Do you not get it? "We're doomed. No one is coming to help!"

Kenji frowned at him, "But what about Dr Wu, or-"

"Wu? Who do you think is to blame? Wu got greedy. And instead of dinosaurs, he built monsters!"

The man walked to the incubation chamber for some dinosaur eggs and picked one up. "Masrani, Dearing, they're all clueless about what's really going on here. And after everything, I did for the other guys-" 

"Other guys? What other-" Brooklynn asked but was cut off.

"It doesn't matter, does it? Jurassic World isn't a park. It's a power keg and it is DETONATING ALL AROUND US! We're all going down! End of story!"

I heard a crash and I saw Kenji drop a plate with shock.

"No! You have to know what to do. You're an adult!"  The man put his hand up with wide eyes, "Don't look at me, I was just hiding until you all barged in.

"But we drove all the way here 'cause-"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!" The man interrupted. "You have a vehicle!"

We stared at him until Kenji said, "Guys, I left the keys in the van." 

Yasmina's POV -

 We all ran after the man. We would be stuck here if he took it! "Stop! What are you doing?!" Darius exclaimed. "Getting out of here alive!" The man yelled back, smirking. I gained speed, running with all my might. I suddenly collided with something and fell forward. "Ow!" I saw that I fell over Bumpy. "Bumpy!!!" 

I ran in front of where the van was but the man twisted the key and set off. I continued running after him. That demented psychopath! Out of nowhere, the Indominus Rex showed up and knocked the van (and the man) off the road. 

I screamed and edged back

I screamed and edged back. The Indominus growled and tried to get the man. He crawled under the van to get away from it. A horrible idea. The Indominus bit into the van and threw it away. It growled and snapped its jaws on him. We heard the bones crunching and the man's screams.

We ran. Somehow we were surrounded by a large metal fence.

"Come on! Are you kidding me?!" Darius shouted.

"Perfect! The park's only intact fence!" Kenji yelled and thumped his head on it. 

The Indominus gave a shrill shriek and we all screamed. I saw Ben hugging Bumpy with fear. I suddenly got mad at him. 

"I told you she'd get in the way!" I cried at him, my anger bursting through. "If it wasn't for her, I could have made the van." 

I wasn't expecting what came next. "And then you would have been eaten! Bumpy saved your life." Ben yelled back. "Why couldn't you just leave her behind?!" I screamed at him. "Because I won't abandon her like we were!" 

I couldn't shout at him anymore. I was ashamed. I wanted to say I was sorry, but how could I? Ben hugged Bumpy, probably thankful that she couldn't understand what we were saying.

"Ben's right. We're on our own." Darius declared sadly. An ear-splitting roar came from ahead. We saw that the Indominus... was looking for us. Great. To make things worse, stupid Bumpy started shrieking. Darius tried quieting her, then went to see where the Indominus went. He gestured to go forward. Ben put a hand on his shoulder and shook his head. There was no way we were going to go with the Indominus Rex there. 

"Trust me." We all pursued Darius and stopped behind a rock. Sammy, Darius, Brooklynn and I were crouching behind something while Kenji and Ben were hiding. Darius tried calling them but they shook their heads. He got a rock and threw it to cause a distraction while Kenji and Ben ran towards us. We almost made it to the van but Brooklynn fell and the tablet she was carrying started beeping loudly. I didn't know this until Sammy went to help her. We got to the van and I strapped in the driver's seat. (After pushing Kenji out of the way.)

I was about to start until, "Wait! Where's Darius?" I cried. Darius wasn't in the van!

He jumped in at the last second and we sped off. "Whew!" Darius sighed and we started laughing in relief.

"Yeah!" 

Suddenly, the radio started beeping, "Kids, pick up!" Came Roxie's voice. "There's something going on. Stay at camp. We're heading to you!"

Darius picked up the walkie-talkie, "No, we're heading to you!"

"We're fine but we had to leave camp, long story."

"Short story: dinosaur ate camp." I said.

"Shorter story: epic leader Kenji somehow got everyone out safely.

"Then we found a van, and Bumpy!"

"We're heading through the jungle and heading to the main park. Should be there soon!" Darius exclaimed. We started celebrating. "Whoo! Driver en route." Kenji and Darius did some weird bro talk thing. Then Sammy's voice came, "We did it camp family, and not a moment too-" The van went over some bumps and I heard something clatter. I looked back; it was Brooklynn's phone. It fell out of Sammy's pocket!

"I knew it!!!" Brooklynn screamed. "Sammy?" I was so shocked, I didn't look where I was driving and we crashed into a rock. Then everything went black.