The Cattle Drive - Part 2

Continuing from where we left off -

Ben's POV -

Roxie and Dave pulled their jeep in front of us making us stop.

"Hey gang, new plan. Storm's getting worse, so we're all going back to camp. Fun, right?" Dave said while getting out.

-"Aw, man!"

-"Are you serious?" 

"Don't blame me, blame the storm," Dave said while frowning. I heard lots of groans from everyone.

 I'm not sure what I want.  Staying inside is definitely safer but... it was the first time I was given a chance to do something while taking the lead.

"We're not gonna let a bit of rain stop us, are we? When else will we get the chance to ride alongside a herd of dinosaurs?" Darius asked Dave.

"Sorry, can't risk it," replied Dave looking sorry for Darius.

But Darius wouldn't give up.

"Dave, I'm sure under you and Roxie's capable leadership, we'll-"

Roxie had enough of Darius' persuading and made him stop. 

Yasmina's POV - Roxie and Dave told us to stay here in the gyrospheres. So that means I will have to stay stuck in a gyrosphere... with Sammy. Great. I decided to ignore her.

After a while, thunder crashed and I saw a Sinoceratops get spooked and saw it ran in the opposite direction.

We saw Darius and Brooklynn chasing after it, Sammy didn't like that idea.

"Wait, are you guys going after her? I really don't think that's a good idea. I've seen cattle spook before, and-" I didn't let her finish.

"Uh-huh, let's go!" and turned to go follow Darius and Brooklynn. 

Ben's POV - 

I was sitting in the gyrosphere for some time. Paying no attention to Kenji or anyone other than my thoughts.I was thinking about how I would survive camp cretaceous. But slowly, my thoughts travelled to Yasmina without me knowing.

I began thinking to myself, "She's so strong and determined. I wish I was like that." "I hate being scared all the time, fearing the smallest of things. Yasmina's my... idol." I felt myself blushing. Even in my mind, that sounds stupid.

Suddenly, I heard a dinosaur cry and saw Darius' gyrosphere going after the dinosaur that was running in the opposite direction. Shortly afterwards, I saw Yasmina driving after Darius and Brooklynn.

Kenji was looking at me. I knew what he was gonna say."Oh, no! There's no way I'm-"-"Great! I'll drive," he declared excitedly and took off after Yasmina and Sammy.

Yasmina's POV -

We raced after Darius and Brooklynn. Sammy was getting very anxious.

"Um, let's just everybody settle down a little bit," she said, speaking through her earpiece. "We don't wanna get too close or- ahh!" 

We both screamed as Ben swerved and almost hit us. "That's not really like Ben." I thought. I shook myself mentally. I hardly knew Ben, even though it felt like I knew him forever.

Ben's POV -

Ben's POV -

Yasmina yelled at me, "Watch it, Ben! You almost hit us!"

This is the last thing I want.

First, there is a raging dinosaur on the loose, capable of squashing us all to death.

Second, Kenji is driving like a maniac, which could also lead to death.

Third, Yasmina thinks it's my fault Kenji almost hit her, which could lead to my death again as she looks like she wants to kill me!

This day is going brilliantly. Not. Ugh!

"It wasn't me!" I said back at Yasmina. I turned back to Kenji,

"You gonna get us both killed!"

"With you driving, we'll die of boredom." And we started sort of wrestling for the joystick.

-Timeskip-

"Left! "Back to right!" Kenji and I were still fighting for the joystick and Kenji was infuriating. "Right!" "Back to left!"

I had to give in, "Fine, you drive! Just get us out of here!"

"Finally! Let me show you how it's-"

Kenji was too busy talking, he wasn't looking and crashed our gyrosphere. We ended up upside down.  I hate Kenji right now. 

Yasmina's POV -

"Stego, 12 o'clock! Tail, tail, tail!" Sammy screamed. There was a stampede of dinosaurs and it was getting hard to swerve around them.

"Low branch coming right at us!" I was getting really annoyed with Sammy, she just has to talk all the time."I see it. Let me concentrate!" Thunder crashed and a huge branch crashed in front of us. "Are we... alive?" Sammy asked, worried. We were surrounded by lots of branches

. I got out of the gyrosphere and Sammy followed. We started clearing all the branches. "Good news - this gives us a lot of time to get to get to know each other," Sammy remarked enthusiastically. I have had enough of her."We should do that... later. Much, much later. First, we need to--" "Help! Can you hear us!" Brooklynn screamed from her earpiece. "We're stuck... mudhole and we're sinking!" Sammy started shouting through her earpiece, "Brooklynn, Brooklynn can you hear me? We gotta find them!"

"Brooklynn, Darius!" "Guys!"I had an idea. "Pile up the branches, pile it up, all of it! Come on!"After a few moments, we piled up all the logs and set off for Darius and Brooklynn.

Ben's POV -

After Kenji crashed our gyrosphere, we had to trek through the jungle. "It's all your fault, Ben! If you had just let me drive, we wouldn't be in this mess!" shouted Kenji. Me! If he had just let me drive, we wouldn't have crashed. I thought. I couldn't bring myself to say it to his face though. So I just hung my head low.

Black clouds started to form over us. Kenji was in a really bad mood. Whenever I warn him not to step on a plant, he would not only step on it, he would take one look at it and jump up and down on it like a lunatic. Thankfully, after Kenji's many tantrums, soon we found the road. A huge thing came barreling down and almost squashing us. We all screamed and Kenji threw himself on me, knocking me down.

I clung to Kenji not looking at what almost knocked us down. I then realised it was Yasmina and Sammy in their gyrosphere.

Before I knew it, I was sitting in their gyrosphere, next to Yasmina and wearing her seatbelt! 

-Timeskip-

Roxie and Dave found us. I guess we were looking a right sight! Kenji and Sammy standing and waving, me on my knees somehow next to Yasmina, and Darius and Brooklynn covered in mud in the broken gyrosphere.

"You could have been killed! What were you thinking?"

Roxie was really mad at us. I haven't broken any rules in my life, but I gotta say, that was fun.

"That we found a lost dinosaur... and Darius and Brooklynn. Sammy exclaimed happily and fist-bumped with Kenji. 

Yasmina made a fighting pose at me, showing that we had victory. I nodded. Today, I wasn't as scared as I normally am, even though I screamed a lot but I guess, camp is doing good for me after all.