Happy Birthday, Eddie! - Part 2

Ben's POV -

Everyone told me that we shouldn't bring Bumpy, but I knew what I had to do. I secretly brought Bumpy with me, sometimes hiding her in a nearby bush whenever someone looked around at me. The problem was that Bumpy was so loud! It was going OK until Darius realised I was lagging behind. I was pulling Bumpy through the bush, grunting with the effort and shushing her when she got too loud. I didn't realise everyone was staring at me until Yasmina cleared her throat loudly to get my attention. I jumped and pushed Bumpy back into the bush.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, looking at the others. OK, I was only looking at Yasmina. "How's it hangin'... dudes?"

"Ben, are you hiding Bumpy in that bush?" Darius asked, raising his eyebrows.

At the mention of her name, Bumpy bellowed. Even I could admit that was stupid enough to face-palm about it.

"Nope, that could be anything. The jungle makes all sorts of weird noises." I said.

Just then, Bumpy ran out of the bush and knocked me over. "How did she get here?" I asked, not fooling anyone. "We don't have time for this! There are dinosaurs eating people out here, and Bumpy can't keep up!" Yasmina yelled.

I dropped all pretence. "She can move faster. Ankylosauruses can run fast. Right, Darius?"

"When they're fully grown, maybe, but she's just..." He said before Bumpy laid down and fell asleep.

"Wow! Yeah, total speed demon." Kenji stated sarcastically. "Say goodbye, Ben."

I looked down at Bumpy. She was awake and smiling up at me, her black eyes shining with excitement.

I suddenly got angry with everyone. Bumpy never did anything to them! What is their problem?! I clenched my fists and shouted, "No! You say hello because she is coming with us! So... there!"

Brooklynn tried to reason with me, "Ben, you're not thinking this through. Bumpy's too slow." Yeah, Bumpy's too slow. "Then... " I looked around quickly and spotted a van. "... then we'll put her in the van!" Sammy scoffed, "What van?" "That one!" I exclaimed, pointing at the van.

Yasmina's POV -

We turned around and saw a Black van standing in the middle of the road. I looked at Ben, astonished. We made our way to the van. Sammy and I opened the doors, and we all looked inside.

 Sammy and I opened the doors, and we all looked inside

"It's an ACU transport!" Kenji exclaimed. We all stared at him, waiting for an explanation. "Asset Containment Unit." He explained. "Got a tour of their HQ. Super hardcore dino-trapping security dudes."

"Then where are they?" Darius asked, realising that the van was empty.

They must have gotten eaten. Where else would they be? We all looked around before Brooklynn asked, "Is that a tablet?!" She pushed Kenji and Darius out of the way and grabbed the tablet. Sammy sat down and took the walkie-talkie. "What did they tell us? Oh, right. Come on, channel six." She tried to contact Dave and Roxie but it didn't work.