Happy Birthday, Eddie! - Part 1

Yasmina's POV -

We had been walking behind Darius for at least a few hours after finding the destroyed camp. Darius was in the lead while Ben was trailing behind us. We didn't notice Ben rubbing hand sanitiser all over him while walking backwards.  A loud snap came from behind. Ben screamed, causing us to jump and scream in alert mode.

"Sorry, I stepped on a twig." He said with a sheepish smile.

"Ugh! Come on, man!" I shouted, sending everyone groaning and scolding Ben.

-"You done gave me a heart attack!

-"I should step on you!"

Darius sighed, "It's okay, Ben. We're all on edge."

"And lost!" I said, irritated. We have been walking for AGES!

Sammy agreed. "Darius, we sure we're still headed towards the park?"

Before Darius could answer, Brooklynn butted in and said, "Well, we'd be sure if I still had my phone because it has a GPS, a compass app, and is also a phone!" I had had enough of Brooklynn. I grabbed her by the shoulder and shoved her away, yelling, "Sammy didn't steal your phone! No one stole your phone! Can we please stop talking about the phone!"

Ben came in, trying to stop me from shouting again.

"You guys! You guys, you guys, you guys. Could you all yell at each other quieter, please?"

Just then, Kenji started talking.

"My fellow campers, chill!" He stated loudly. "What we need here is someone who can make the hard call on what to do next. Since I'm obviously leadership material..." Kenji paused for effect, looking at our facial expressions. We were all staring at him, rolling our eyes.

"...I'll do this!" Kenji was making a very stupid face, with Darius looking at him with a sort of disgusted face. Kenji continued, "And as my first decree as Leader is for everyone to stop talking and just listen to Darius!"

"Huh?!"

Kenji put his arm around Darius and turned him away from us and started whispering, which was a stupid move as we could hear exactly what he was saying.

"You got us out of camp alive. Plus, I can blame you if anyone gets eaten. Leadership!"

Kenji let go of Darius, putting his hands on his hips and asked,

"So, which way Darius?"

Darius looked away from us.

"Please, you're just trying to cover up the fact that you're lost, too, Mr. VIP! None of us knows where we are!" Brooklynn snapped at Kenji. Darius proved Brooklynn wrong and shouted happily, "I know where we are!" "We're by the Carnotaurus paddock, I thought this place looked familiar!"

Kenji smirked, "Am I an excellent leader or what?"

We all glared at Kenji, except for Sammy, who looked like she agreed with him.

I followed Darius with the others. "I remember the fence!" He spoke up cheerfully. His smile fell when we saw it.

"The broken ripped-down fence."

Ben's POV -

"The broken ripped-down fence."

I started gasping. "That means... That means Toro is out here... with us!" I clenched my fingers into a fist glancing, in fear, at the broken fence.

"Now we have the Indominus and Toro," Darius said worryingly.

"Hold up. How do you know about Toro?" He asked me. Kenji had told us the day after it happened while we were at the Genetics lab.

Yasmina came from behind me and answered Darius' question.

"We all know, Kenji told us, like, the day after it happened." I didn't notice I was following her with my eyes as she walked to examine the fence. Kenji broke my thoughts and replied to Darius' annoyed face.

"In my defence, me saving you was super cool."

I heard Darius sigh in annoyance. "We know this enclosure is due north of the main park. We're sure to find Dave and Roxie, or someone else there in charge."

Kenji put his arm around Darius again, saying, "Yes! Exactly what I was thinking as Leader, which I am." "Follow me!"

Sammy, Brooklynn and Yasmina, all followed Kenji, but I stayed back with Darius. I turned towards him, "I don't think finding an adult is going to help. A terrifying, camouflaged dinosaur trashed our camp. No way they have a plan for that!"

"Ben, I know it's scary, but this is Jurassic World. Dealing with dinosaurs is what they do," Darius replied kindly. I tried to argue with him but he patted my arm and walked after the others. I ran after him. No one listens to me here!

Yasmina's POV

We were all on edge after the fence incident. Brooklynn especially was in a terrible mood, I saw Sammy walking sadly and walked up to her. "Don't let Brooklynn upset you, she's just being... Brooklynn." I said to her.

An empty gyrosphere lay upturned with a dead Ankylosaurus.

"The Indominus Rex was here," gasped Sammy.

"Predators don't kill prey and then just leave without feeding. This... this isn't right." Darius crouched down next to the Ankylosaurus, looking at it sadly. Suddenly, loud growling and rustling came from the tall grass.

We all screamed, backing away. I hid behind some bushes, with Brooklynn shoving my face. "Move off!" I whispered.

I loud snarl came out and we ducked, screaming. "Bumpy!", yelled Ben, his face shining with happiness and excitement. He ran towards Bumpy and hugged her big dinosaur head.

"And drooly, and smelly. How do you even know that's the same dinosaur!", said Kenji. He obviously wasn't there when Ben named her.

"Her big head bump. Dr Wu said she's asymmetrical, but he's wrong that it's bad. And so what if she is asymmetrical? There's nothing wrong with being different, or bumpy. Or getting tired after reading an overly thrilling book! And maybe if her parents had listened to her, she wouldn't have come here and gotten attacked!"

I was shocked. We have never heard Ben talk so much. It was a nice change compared to Kenji blabbing all the time. But there was something he said which made me think. "Or getting tired after reading an overly thrilling book! And maybe if her parents had listened to her, she wouldn't have come here and gotten attacked!"

Yep, we're not still talking about the dinosaur.

"As fun as this reunion is, shouldn't we keep moving south?" Kenji interrupted. "I'm NOT spending another hour walking through the jungle, hoping that we don't run into that Indominus. We need a new plan." Brooklynn declared, frowning at Kenji. "Uh, yeah, obviously we need a new plan. So, I had Darius figure out a new one. Lay it on us, bro!" 

"So, uh, we need to find somewhere safe close by." He thought for a minute and asked," Isn't Dr Wu's genetics lab near us? You guys went on the tour, does this area look familiar?" 

"Yeah, I think it might be over that way," Sammy stated, pointing in front of us.

That seems right.

Darius' brown eyes lit up, "Great! That's where we should go. There's bound to be an adult there who can help us. Right?" Before we could reply, we heard the Indominus roar in the distance.

"Fine, whatever! Let's just go to the lab. As long as we are moving away from that." Brooklynn declared.

"What about Bumpy?" Called Ben. We turned around, facing Ben. "She's a dinosaur bro, she belongs out here in the wild," Kenji said.

"And she'll just slow us down. We gotta go now." I added. Part of me wants to let Ben take Bumpy with us, but I know we can't. We carried on walking, thinking we left Bumpy behind. 

Or so we thought.

Sorry for not updating in a while, bit busy. I want to thank all of you who actually enjoy this story and not just read it for the sake of it! Thanks. - Campcretaceous123456