Chapter 16: Settling A Debt

Her eyes were cold, and because of her anger, she was filled with a murderous aura. She looked like someone not to be trifled with.

The boss was startled by her. He looked suspiciously at her. “Who are you?”

“I’m their mother.”

Qiu Tong shielded Little Yu behind her. Little Yu glanced timidly at her face and hung her head gloomily, as if she had committed a grave crime.

“Do you know how to discipline your child? She’s so young but already knows how to take advantage of others. What are you teaching her…”

The boss was furious and scolded Qiu Tong as well after knowing who she was. “What kind of child is that? What kind of parent are you?! Your child is the one who did wrong. How dare you behave so aggressively?”

“What wrong did she commit?”

Qiu Tong asked coldly. The boss pointed at the computer and said angrily, “She comes here every day to take advantage of the internet and hog public resources. Shame on her!”

“Sorry, Mommy.”

Qiu Xingyu clutched the corner of Qiu Tong’s clothes tightly, her eyes filled with fear. She felt that she had embarrassed Qiu Tong.

Tears welled in her eyes. “I’ll never come here again,” she added nervously.

Qiu Tong stroked her head and glared at the boss again. She smirked and said, “Since it’s a public resource, what’s wrong with her using it? The computer is out there. Isn’t it for people to use?”

“Since you can’t bear to let anyone use it, why don’t you just lock it up in a safe?”

“Why are you so unreasonable?”

The boss did not know how to refute Qiu Tong. Seeing that the mother and daughter were about to leave, he immediately stopped them. “Don’t go! Your child was hogging public resources and made me lose many customers! Pay up!”

Qiu Tong paused and looked at him expressionlessly. “How much?”

The boss looked at the shabby clothes on them in disdain and said in scornfully, “$80! Look at your pathetic state. Can you afford to pay?!”

Smack!

A stack of cash was thrown down in front of the boss.

Qiu Tong said calmly, “Here’s $200.”

The boss looked at her doubtfully and counted the bills. It was indeed $200!

A smile blossomed on his face, and even his attitude towards Qiu Tong and Qiu Xingyu turned exceptionally warm. “We are just a small business, I hope you understand. Come over whenever you have time, I’ll reserve the computer for you!”

Qiu Tong ignored his solicitousness and just scooped up Qiu Xingyu. She turned around and saw Qiu Xingyuan looking at her with a complicated expression.

“Let’s go.”

She went forward and pulled Qiu Xingyuan to her side. This time, he followed beside her obediently and did not try to struggle away.

Walking out of the bookstore, Qiu Tong looked at Qiu Xingyu seriously and promised, “Little Yu, I’ll buy you a computer as soon as possible. In the future, you won’t have to come all the way here just to use the internet.”

She lowered her head and looked at Qiu Xingyuan, who had kept silent the entire time. “Also, tell me what you want for your chemistry studies. I’ll arrange everything for you.”

Since the two children were destined to have the same talents as during her previous life, she would fully support them and guide them on a completely different path.

Qiu Xingyu’s eyes lit up. “Really? Mommy, you’re the best!”

Qiu Tong was amused by the look of admiration in her eyes. She put her daughter down to let them both walk alongside her. Together, they went to find Qiu Xingqiao.

Qiu Xingyu excitedly shared with her brother the type of computer she wanted to buy. Qiu Xingyuan pursed his thin lips, his eyes flickering with doubt and disbelief.

“Little Yu, she was just making a casual remark. Don’t get your hopes up.”

The excitement on Qiu Xingyu’s face slowly faded as she mumbled, “No, Mommy said she would buy it.”

Qiu Xingyuan’s gaze was cold as he smirked sarcastically. “Is she rich?”

Qiu Xingyu hesitated for a moment. Pain flashed across her eyes. Her mommy had just spent $200!

Qiu Tong, who was walking in front, heard the whispers of the two little kids. A sense of helpless frustration flashed across her eyes.

Finding an opportunity to earn money was indeed their top priority now. Once she had money, she would buy them what they needed.

In the end, Qiu Tong found Qiu Xingqiao in an inconspicuous alley. He was in a fight with someone else.

She narrowed her eyes and observed for a while, before raising her eyebrows in surprise.

Although Qiu Xingqiao’s combat ability was not as good as hers, he could already completely subdue a gangster in his teens.

After successfully beating him up and seeing his opponent run away, Qiu Xingqiao walked back with a smug look on his face. When he passed Qiu Tong, he even shot her a menacing look.

Qiu Tong, “…”

Qiu Tong felt a throbbing pain in her forehead. The weight on her shoulders felt as heavy as Mount Tai.

There was still a long way to go before she could properly train these three brats and lead them to the righteous path!

After bringing the three children home safely, Qiu Tong squatted down and instructed them seriously, “I have something to do, don’t fool around outside.”

She looked at Qiu Xingyuan and said in a soft voice, “You’re the eldest brother, you have to take good care of your younger siblings.”

Qiu Xingyuan looked at her impassively, as if there was no need for her to give him such instructions.

Qiu Tong was amused. She patted his head and headed for the nearby internet cafe.

She needed money to support her children. She had to make Lin Shan cough up the money as soon as possible!