Chapter 64: Lost Children

The security guard soon arrived at the room and looked at Qiu Tong warily, treating her like a bad person who was trying to kidnap children.

“I’m the children’s mother,” Qiu Tong said in exasperation.

“We don’t even know her,” Qiu Xingqiao pointed at Qiu Tong angrily.

Qiu Xingyuan stood at the side and did not refute, tacitly agreeing with his younger brother’s words. Little Yu also hid behind her brothers, not daring to look at Qiu Tong’s expression.

The security guard took a step forward. His intention to chase her away was very obvious.

Qiu Tong had no choice but to leave the hotel for now. She would think of a solution when she got home.

But the moment she entered the house, she bumped into Ye Luan, who was about to push open the door and leave.

“Ye Luan, where are you going?”

Qiu Tong asked.

“I don’t think your sons can accept my existence. I don’t want your family to be disrupted because of me, so I want to leave this place. I don’t want to trouble you anymore.”

Ye Luan lowered his head as his fingers subconsciously fiddled with the tattered corner of his shirt.

Qiu Tong looked at Ye Luan, who seemed to be engulfed by loneliness. Her heart filled with compassion. This child had experienced too much.

The two of them had gone through life and death together. How could she let him be homeless now?

Moreover, she would only feel at ease if she kept the male protagonist by her side.

Qiu Tong hurriedly stood in front of Ye Luan to stop him from leaving.

“Don’t worry and stay here. The three of them are just a little jealous and throwing tantrums. They’re staying at a hotel now and will be back in a few days.”

“When the time comes, as the eldest brother, you must protect your younger siblings well.”

Ye Luan still wanted to say something, but Qiu Tong pulled him back into the house.

“Ke Le, bring your men to the hotel to protect those three brats.”

Qiu Tong shouted loudly out the window. She then took out the stewed meat and prepared a simple stir-fry vegetable dish, before inviting Ye Luan to the table.

Ke Le stared through the window at the fragrant meat stew. He cast a resentful glance at Qiu Tong before resigning himself to his fate. He led the way to the hotel.

When Qiu Tong saw that Ye Luan was only eating the rice in his bowl, a conflicted look flashed across her eyes. She quickly piled some meat into his bowln.

“Eat more meat. You don’t have to be so polite with me.”

Ye Luan didn’t say anything, but the speed at which he ate slowed down. He ate the food, bite by bite.

After dinner, Qiu Tong laid a new mattress for him in the boys’ room so that he could have an early rest.

After Qiu Tong left, Ye Luan smelled the lingering fragrance and warmth in the air, before closing his eyes in peace.

All this made him even more reluctant to leave.

Qiu Tong returned to her room, and the moment she closed her eyes, she saw the image of those three children looking resentful.

The children’s attitude today made her realize that she had to change to a bigger house.

The boys would definitely not be willing to stay with Ye Luan. In addition, Ye Luan had strong self-esteem and would not bow down to others.

Therefore, the current situation could only be resolved by living in separate rooms.

The next morning, the first thing Qiu Tong did when she opened her eyes was to calculate the money she had and contact a housing agent to look around.

She went to view nearly every suitable house in the surrounding area, temporarily setting aside the task of picking up the three kids from the hotel.

“Eldest Brother, does Mommy really not want us anymore?”

Qiu Xingyu held her doll, slumped in front of the window, hoping to see Qiu Tong’s familiar figure. She was not even interested in her favorite candy.

The moment he said that, the aura around Qiu Xingyuan became even colder.

Qiu Xingqiao stubbornly pushed all the blame onto Ye Luan. He rolled his eyes and said, “It’s all Ye Luan’s fault. If he hadn’t suddenly appeared, would we have to stay in a hotel?”

“Ye Luan must have a family. He can’t have appeared out of nowhere, right? As long as we can get rid of Ye Luan, our lives will be the same as before.”

Qiu Xingyuan nodded in agreement. The three of them left the hotel and sneaked to the vicinity of the house.

The three of them waited outside for more than an hour before Qiu Tong finally left.

Qiu Xingyuan let his younger siblings stay at the door as lookouts while he ran to a nearby provision store and called the police.

“Uncle Policeman, a homeless child suddenly appeared at my house. Please help him find his family.”

After Qiu Xingyuan gave the address, he quickly hung up the phone and returned to his younger siblings’ side.

The police were surprised to receive such a call from a child. Nevertheless, they still gathered their men and drove the police car towards Qiu Tong’s house.