Chapter 107: M78 Sniper Rifle

Qiu Tong watched as the hooligans fled. She turned back and stared at the cart of grains. After some thought, she asked Ke Le, "Is there any hiding place nearby?"

Ke Le pointed at the corner of the street and said, "There's a straw shed in front. No one usually passes through it. It's very safe!"

Qiu Tong nodded and gestured for the mercenaries to help move the cart of grains to the straw shed.

She sensed Ke Le's confusion and explained softly, "All the food in the market has been snatched away..."

"Food is the most sought after thing. What we have will definitely attract the covetous eyes of others!"

"Not only Shu Yuanwei, there might also be others!"

The experience of surviving in the post-apocalyptic era made Qiu Tong realize that she could no longer openly transport the grains home. She hid the grains under some hay and patted Qiu Xingyuan's head as she instructed, "You take care of your younger siblings, Ke Le will also protect you and the grains!"

"Mommy will come back to move the stuff home with you guys when it gets dark!"

With that, Qiu Tong sped towards the black market. She planned to use the money she had to purchase some guns and ammunition.

It was only a matter of time before the locust plague broke out. At that time, refugees would surge through the streets and they would be extremely hungry. It was very likely that they would do something extreme and cause riots. The image of the post-apocalyptic era surfaced in Qiu Tong's mind. She frowned and quickened her pace...

Qiu Tong was the mother of three children now. She needed a gun for self-defense and be fully prepared to deal with the danger.

...

In the black market, Qiu Tong scanned every stall with her sharp eyes. She saw a few guns hidden under some fruits and asked for their price.

Be it guns, ammunition, poison powder, or information, as long as you had enough money in your pockets, you could buy whatever you wanted in the black market.

Qiu Tong wandered through a few stalls but did not find any firearms that she liked. She was disappointed and decided to head back first.

Before she left, she inadvertently glanced at an inconspicuous stall in the corner and realized that there was a gun barrel peeking out from under a coarse cloth.

It was... a M78 sniper rifle?

Qiu Tong couldn't hardly conceal her joy as she walked to the stall. She reached out to pick up the sniper rifle to test its accuracy, but unexpectedly, a hand appeared and grabbed the head of the sniper rifle at the same time as her. That hand looked like it was fighting her for it.

Qiu Tong frowned and saw a tall, thin man beside her. He sized her up with a look of disdain.

"You're a woman. If you want to protect yourself, buy some poison powder. Don't buy firearms that you don't know how to use."

Yin Hai looked at her mockingly and wanted to snatch the sniper rifle away, but he realized that Qiu Tong's grip was very strong. The two of them stood in front of the stall.

"Do you know how to use a sniper rifle?"

"If you buy this thing, it will be just for show. But if you're willing to let me have it, I can give you some money..."

Qiu Tong was very disgusted by Yin Hai's attitude of using money to suppress others. The corners of her lips curled up and her eyes turned cold as she rotated her wrist. Taking advantage of Yin Hai's relaxed attitude, she snatched the sniper rifle. She removed the bullets and adjusted the aim.

"There is a longitudinal groove on the surface of this M78 sniper rifle. It increases the shooting range on the original foundation. At the same time, it also disperses heat better."

"The trigger pull is 3.3 pounds which makes the shooting smooth and easy. Mercenaries from overseas often use this type of sniper rifle."

"However, the greatest advantage of this sniper rifle is that its barrel has been modified. Not only can it load more bullets, it can also be modified into a submachine gun with a short range and high frequency when necessary. How about that? Are you still questioning if I know how to use it?"

Qiu Tong's voice was soft as she described the gun. Yin Hai's pupils dilated in shock. He could not believe that a woman knew so much about the M78 sniper rifle.

"Don't look down on any people you don't know. Otherwise... you might end up losing your life to them!"

Qiu Tong's voice held a warning tone. As soon as she finished speaking, she raised the sniper rifle and aimed it at the space between Yin Hai's brows. She gently placed her finger on the trigger, ready to take his life at any moment.

Qiu Tong's cold eyes appeared behind the weapon's eyepiece. Yin Hai was so scared he did not dare to move.

The atmosphere was so tense that no one dared to breathe. In the Mercedes-Benz car parked in front of the black market, Song Yan had been staring at Qiu Tong and Yin Hai. It was only now that he pushed open the door and walked out.

He met Qiu Tong's gaze and shouted, "Yin Hai! Move away!"