Chapter 66: The Adoption Agreement

Chief Officer Fang didn’t expect someone from the military to be here. He quickly walked over and smiled.

“Second Lieutenant Sir, why have you come to our small police station?”

Shao An looked down at Chief Officer Fang. He tossed a brown leather folder at him. His voice was cold.

“I came to deliver Ye Luan’s adoption papers to Qiu Tong, but I didn’t expect her to be arrested and sent to the police station.”

“You can arrest someone based on your own assumptions without any concrete evidence. Is this how your police department works?”

Chief Officer Fang’s forehead was instantly covered in cold sweat. He hadn’t expected that Qiu Tong would really be able to adopt a child. Even more so, he never expected this ordinary woman to have connections with the military.

To be able to mobilize a second lieutenant to protect her, the power behind this woman was something he didn’t even dare to think about.

Chief Officer Fang hurriedly apologized to Qiu Tong and personally placed the adoption papers back into the leather folder before respectfully handing it over to her.

“Miss Qiu Tong, I’m really sorry. We were just too eager to solve the case. Please forgive us and don’t take it to heart.”

Qiu Tong snorted. She knew that although the chief officer was a little stubborn and conceited, there were indeed some issues with her adoption process. She could not entirely blame these people.

“Chief Officer Fang, I hope this misunderstanding will never happen again.”

Chief Officer Fang felt relieved after hearing that. He quickly got someone to bring Ye Luan over and sent the three of them out of the door together with the other police officers.

Just as Shao An entered the police station, the three children had also arrived.

The three children regretted their actions the moment they returned to the hotel. In the end, they decided to come to the police station to rescue Qiu Tong.

After all, they hated Ye Luan, not Qiu Tong.

Qiu Xingqiao squatted at the side and whispered.

“Elder Brother, I just surveyed the area. There are four cameras in front of the police station, and two cameras in the neighboring district where the entrance of the police station is captured.”

Qiu Xingyuan nodded and calmly made arrangements.

“Little Yu, hack into the system and cut off all the power from the six surveillance cameras and the police station. When that happens, the police station will definitely be in chaos. Xingqiao and I can then take the opportunity to go in and save them.”

“When the time comes…”

Qiu Xingyuan’s voice suddenly trailed off, and his sharp gaze stared fixedly at the police station’s entrance.

The other two children followed their elder brother’s gaze and saw Qiu Tong carrying Ye Luan and walking out with Shao An.

“Shao An, thanks.” Qiu Tong waved the adoption agreement in her hand with a smile.

“Boss asked me to do it.” Shao An waved and left.

“Ye Luan, are you happy? From now on, you will be able to live together with us.” Qiu Tong placed Ye Luan on the ground and squatted down with a smile.

“Don’t worry. What happened today will never happen again. I will protect you and your siblings from now on. I will not let any harm come to you.”

Ye Luan’s heart skipped a beat as he looked at Qiu Tong’s serious expression. After experiencing so much together, this was the first time he had developed trust in someone.

Qiu Xingyuan watched as Qiu Tong tidied Ye Luan’s clothes and behaved affectionately with him. The storm in his eyes was nearly visible as he turned to leave.

Qiu Xingqiao snorted, the jealousy and anger in his heart reaching its peak.

This woman was very powerful. There was no need for them to save her!

He kicked the can aside and left quickly.

Qiu Tong turned around but did not see anyone.

Ye Luan also looked back. He caught a passing glimpse of the corner of a pink skirt. His eyes flashed with understanding and he seemed to be deep in thought.

He crossed his arms over his chest, and his expression was that of a person many years older.

“Auntie Qiu, you’re such a terrible mother. None of the three children want to go home.”

Qiu Tong was smiling on the inside at his adult-like manner, but pretended to look troubled. She let out a long sigh and shrugged.

“I have already tried my best to persuade them. Those three children just won’t come home with me. What choice do I have?”

Ye Luan looked at her with disdain. She couldn’t even handle three little brats. He was a bit speechless.

“Don’t worry, I’ll definitely have those three kids return home.”

As he said this, an awkward expression flashed across his face. “Don’t think too much. I just want to return the favor.”

Qiu Tong burst into laughter and ruffled his hair.

“Alright, Aunt Qiu will depend on you then.”