Chapter 90: Surrounded

Chief Officer Fang left after relaying the news to Qiu Tong.

Although Qiu Tong was puzzled, she didn’t let it bother her too much. After all, she would be able to see him at the award ceremony.

Ke Le and the others had been protecting the three children well, so Qiu Tong was confident of letting them continue to send the three children to and from school, while she would see to Ye Luan. This way, all the children would be able to receive sufficient protection.

However, Qiu Xingyuan’s opinion of Qiu Tong’s arrangement could be summed up by one word.

Biased!

“Elder Brother, that woman only has eyes for Ye Luan now. She’s really too much.”

Qiu Xingqiao looked at his brother angrily, his heart filled with resentment towards Qiu Tong.

“Does Mommy not like us anymore?”

Qiu Xingyu was also a little unhappy. It had been a long time since she last saw Qiu Tong standing at the door waiting for them to finish school.

“In that case, we have to let her notice our existence.”

Qiu Xingyuan blinked and put his chemistry book into his bag. He then casually pulled out a piece of white paper, picked up his little sister’s pen, and drew a cartoon of a grimacing face on the paper for Ke Le.

He then left the kindergarten with his siblings before school ended.

“Let’s go. I will bring you guys to the internet cafe to spend the night. We won’t go back until that woman comes looking for us.”

Meanwhile, Qiu Tong had arrived at the school early.

Today was Friday. The elementary school usually let off earlier than usual on Fridays.

However, Qiu Tong waited at the entrance for a long time but did not see Ye Luan. After the last student left the school, she called Ye Luan’s form teacher.

“Ye Luan said that he had a stomachache and left very early. I wanted to accompany him home, but he said that someone came to pick him up.”

“Isn’t he home yet?”

Qiu Tong’s heart sank when she heard her teacher’s surprised voice.

She hurriedly hung up the phone and looked around for Ye Luan.

“Ye Luan, Ye Luan!”

Qiu Tong shouted as she walked around, peering into every single alley. The surroundings became quieter and quieter.

Suddenly, Qiu Tong heard something and her pupils constricted!

She quickly hid behind the wall and held her breath as she slowly approached a small alley.

In the small alley, Ye Luan was surrounded by more than ten strong men. From their stance and physique, these people must be well-trained experts.

Why was Ye Luan surrounded by these people?

Qiu Tong had a conflicted look on her face. She quietly drew nearer to them while scanning the surroundings.

“Kid, I advise you to hand it over quickly. Otherwise, your tiny body won’t be able to endure our punches.”

The leader looked at Ye Luan coldly, his tone full of threat and coercion.

Ye Luan was silent, but his small face was filled with resolution. That stubborn look instantly angered the man.

“Ignorant brat!”

“Don’t think that I won’t hit you just because you’re a child!”

As the man spoke, he approached Ye Luan and raised his huge hand—

“Stop!”

With that impending danger, Qiu Tong could no longer back. In a flash, she leaped forward and grabbed the man’s hand!

Qiu Tong’s eyes were filled with rage. She could clearly feel the strength of this man. If his strike had landed, Ye Luan would be severely injured!

“B*tch, mind your own business.”

The veins on the man’s arm bulged as he quickly shook off Qiu Tong’s hand and threw a kick at Qiu Tong’s back!

Qiu Tong dodged to the side at a strange angle. At the same time, she grabbed the man’s shoulder and spun behind him. She hooked her other arm around the man’s neck and used her right leg to lock him tightly!

The others saw Qiu Tong’s skills and quickly attacked her, surrounding her in the center.

Qiu Tong was analyzing their moves as she fought.

These people had obviously undergone strict training. Their teamwork was very well-coordinated which amplified their combined combat strength. All signs indicated that they were not ordinary robbers, but more like soldiers.

The leader was also being increasingly amazed. He was well aware of how good his men were. Yet, this woman was able to fight them on equal terms.

Who the hell was she?!

At that moment, the three truant children happened to pass by the side of the alley. When they saw Qiu Tong protecting Ye Luan behind her while fighting a group of men, their faces instantly darkened.

This woman was really willing to do anything for Ye Luan!

Look, she provoked some unsavory characters again!

With a cold face, Qiu Xingyuan was the first to turn around and leave.. Qiu Xingqiao followed his elder brother and stomped away furiously.