Thirty-Five

ARABELLA

I sigh as my body hits my bed, my body sore.

I know what I did was wrong, leaving him there. I hope he understood my note.

I look over at my phone, expecting a text from him but one never comes. I grab it and scroll through my contacts, trying to find his name so I can call.

My eyes pass by 'mom:))' and I frown. I haven't called her in a while.

I press on her contact and hear it ring.

"Hello?"

My breath catches in my throat. "Hi mom"

Silence is on the other end. Did she not know it was me calling her?

"Why are you calling me?"

I feel tears well up, she didn't want to talk to me.

"I just... I just wanted to see how you were doing." I sniffle and silence greets me again.

"Don't call back." And the phone hangs up.

I pull it away from my face and stare at my phone, a picture of us together as her profile picture. Tears drip onto my phone as I try to hold back my sobs.

I throw my phone and watch as it hits the wall, immediately regretting it.

Great, now I don't have a phone.

So many things are wrong now and they are because of me.

I look over and see the framed picture of me and Rico on my nightstand.

Guilt fills me up and I start to think that maybe doing what I did to him was a mistake.

I hear a couple knocks at my door. Who could that be?

I rush to the door and open it, my eyes widening when I see Louis.

"Louis? What are you doing here?"

He looks angry at me and I hold my breath.

"Ara, I have been trying to contact you for the past 10 minutes but you haven't answered." He sighed and my eyes widen.

"I broke it, sorry." He sighs again but more dramatically this time, causing me to roll my eyes.

He looks straight into my eyes, "you need to fix whatever you did with Rico. He has been a mess without you and now nobody knows where he is." A groan comes from his mouth and my heart beats wildly in my chest.

Rico is missing?

"H-Have you checked everywhere?" I grab my keys and put on my shoes and leave the door with Louis.

"Yes we have checked everywhere, no one has seen him."

I fiddle with the ends of my shirt. What if this is my fault?

What's a place that Rico would go?

As we walk along the sidewalk, my nerves crawl up. Maybe if I wasn't so stupid, he wouldn't be missing right now.

"Ara, I'm going to try a different road okay? Stay on this one and we will find him." I nod my head and he leaves me, going to a different lane.

I walk along this road that seemed to be forever and I yell out his name, nothing but silence replying to me.

"Well well, is that you baby?" Not again.

I turn around and spot Adam. He never seems to leave me alone.

"Adam... Are you out the hospital?" I nervously say with a slight shake in my voice.

He still affects me after all these months.

"Well of course, I'm so much more better now." He doesn't look better.

Rico did some hardcore damage on him.

"What do you want Adam?" I glare at him and he smirks.

"Well look at you, you have became such a brave girl lately, I cannot wait to break you of it." My eyes widen.

He takes big footsteps towards me and I walk backwards.

He jumps forward and grabs onto my arm. I cry out and try to take it off.

"Adam stop it!" He doesn't stop or let me go.

He tugs me towards him, "How about we take a nice little walk, hm?" He whispers in my ear and my body shivers with disgust.

I glare at him but say nothing.

He tugs me along with him as we walk in silence.

"What were you doing walking all the way out here alone?" He side eyes me and I just scowl.

"I'm trying to find Rico, have you seen him?" I question him and his eyes widen as a large smile takes place on his thin lips.

"Seen him? I have been with him since earlier today. Him and my sister are getting along very well." My body freezes.

I snap my head towards him, "what?" My eyebrows scrunch together.

"Oh my sweet baby, you were always so oblivious to everything. Rico has moved on, with my sister in fact. They are actually in a diner right now." He smirks and I feel my heard drop.

Rico moved on? That fast?

No. He wouldn't do that.

"You're lying. My Rico wouldn't do that." I ignore how I said 'my'.

He growls at how I said his name and his grip tightens, making me wince. "Oh but he has. He was just in my house holding and wrapped tight around my dear sister."

I don't believe him.

I glare up at him, "prove it." I know he can't because he is lying.

He tugs me into a direction, "I will." He drags me around the town.

I try to keep up with his footsteps but he is obviously faster than me.

When he finally stops, he smirks at me and looks into the window of a diner.

I follow his line of eyesight and my heart drops.

There he is. My Rico.

His hands are draped all around Adam's sister as she laughs and hides into his shoulder while her mom 'awww' them.

He has a smile on his face and it feels like my heart just shattered.

He moved on.
——————————————————————————