19. Neighbours

Yuxin's POV

I woke up from the sound of a notification tone from everyone's phones. I unlocked my phone to see who it was from, oh Tong sent her location. I was about to switch off my phone when i realised something. Isn't that like just opposite my estate? Oh my god! We thought we lost contact but we were literally less than 50 kilometres away!

I got up and did my makeup whilst waiting for Keran and the others to get ready. I didn't know Tong liked cats, when we were studying together she said that she despises cats. Sigh, people do change from time to time.

An hour later, everyone was ready to go. We walked down to the pick-up point to wait for our driver. "太饿了!" (I'm starving!)Keyin complained while waiting. Finally, the driver came. We got in and greeted the driver. "你好叔叔!" (Good day Uncle!) I greeted cheerfully. "你们好,吃了吗?" (Good day to you too. Have you guys eaten?)The driver then started a small talk. "还没,打算去朋友家一起吃。" (Not yet. We're planning to go to a friends house and eat together) Keke answers. The conversation then ended there. We waited for a bit and we finally got to her house.

We got off the car and stood outside her apartment. "打电话给你的宝贝。" (call your baby) Keyin teases. "喂?宝宝,我们到了。下来接我们呗。" (Hello? Baby? We're here, come down to pick us up!) Linfan says sweetly. We all squirm to the cuteness of the both of them.  "好甜啊!" (So sweet!!) Keke exclaims. "你们在吃糖吗?怎么不和我分啊!" (Are you guys eating candy? Why didnt you share with me!) linfan says with a pout. "什么糖啊?我们说的是你们俩啊!" (What candy? We're talking about the both of you!) The rest of us exclaimed.

After a few moments, we saw a slim figure running towards the gate in front of us. "来了来了!" (I'm here i'm here!)She exclaims. She tapped the door with her card and the door swung open. We ran in and gave Tong a hug. "要先去我家放东西吗?还是要去吃饭?" (Wanna go up to my house to put your bags down? Or do you wanna go to the restaurant first?) She asked, releasing us from her. "先去你家吧,我包太重了。" (Lets go up first, my bag is so heavy!) Linfan then proceeds to complain about how she couldn't sleep last night because of how much she missed her girlfriend. After a few gates we went through, we finally entered Tong's house.

"彤彤,你知道我是你邻居你知道吗?" (Tong, do you know that we're neighbours?) I say, walking towards her sofa. "啊?你是我邻居?!我咋不知道啊" (Huh? You're my neighbour?!Why dont i know?) Tong replies filling up a cup of water and putting it onto a tray. "我也刚知道嘿嘿嘿。谢谢。" (I just found out today. Thank you!) I say, thankfully accepting the cup of water given by Tong.

After all the bags were being placed in her room, we left for the cafe down the street. "哇塞,这里的景色好美啊,我们吃完饭可以来这儿拍照吗?" (Woah, the scenery here is magnificent. Can we come here for a photoshoot after we have our food?) Linfan asks. "可以可以,到了。" (Of course. We're here) I answer ask i swing the door open. I walked in and the smell of delicious cakes and coffee. "哇塞,好香啊。你好,五个人。" (Wow. So nice! Hi, table for 5) Keyin says, gesturing a number five to the waitress that attended to us. We were then led to a window side table and a beautiful view outside . We sat down and started ordering. While we waited for the food to come, a group of girls came to our table.

"你们是刘雨昕,彤彤,谢可寅,陆柯燃和林凡吗?!" (Are you guys Liu Yuxin, Tong, Xie Keyin, Lu Keran and Linfan?!) They asked with a sparkle in their eyes. "是的,怎么啦?" (Yes, what's up?) Keyin asks gently. "我们可以和你们一起拍个照片然后可以帮我们在手机壳上签名吗?我们好喜欢你啊!" (Can we take a picture with you guys? and then after that could you help us sign on our phone cases? We love you guys so much!) They squealed.  "有笔吗?" ( do you have a marker?) Keke asks kindly. They gave her a marker in reply with huge smiles on their faces. So cute! We took turns to sign on each of their phone cases after taking a picture with them. Ahh! They're too cute! "谢谢你姐姐们!我们好喜欢你!加油!" (Thank you! We love y'all so much! stay strong!)They thanked us and returned to their table mesmerised by the pictures we took with them just now.

A while later, our food came. Woah. Just when I was about to stab the mac & cheese, Keke slaps my hand away and proceeded to take pictures. The rest of us sigh while she snaps away. After a lot more clicks, we finally could eat! The food here is absolutely delicious! I would totally come back again!!

"好了,吃完了吗?我去买单咯。" ( Okay, are y'all done? I'm gonna go pay for the bill) Tong says cheerfully after taking a look at our plates.

We nodded while holding our stomachs. We walked out after she paid and started fixing our hair and makeup for the pictures later.
Tong offered to take solo pics for all of us since her photography skills are top notch. "来!三二一!就是这个姿势!好美好美!" (Come! 3,2,1! Yes this pose! So pretty!) Tong exclaims as she took a few snaps of each of us.

We went back to her house to get our bags and looked at the time. Oh my god! Time really flies when you're having fun!
the director doesn't really let us go out too late so we called a cab.  "我送你们吧。" (I'll walk you guys down) Tong offers. We nodded and let her lead the way. We soon reached the last gate of her estate. "我们叫了车,拜拜啦!" (We've called for a cab, goodbye!) Keke says in her cheerful voice. "我真得会很想你的!" (I'll miss you so much!) Linfan says whilst giving her girl a last hug before they separate for who knows a few more weeks or maybe even months. We all gave her a hug before getting in the car after watching her leave.
——-
heheheh y'all are not gonna believe what i'm gonna do for the next chapter!! get excited kids :) stay safe!!!

word count: 982 words