Chapter 23

"But I promise you this
I'll always look out for you"
-Coldplay

I'm not a social person and I have mentioned this in multiple occasions. It's not really my fault, though, because the way I grew up didn't really give the chance to socialize. Like, go out, meet people, make new friends, have a sleepover. I've done none of those. So you can understand how difficult it must be for me to go to school.

"Athena, trust me, it's gonna be okay." Atlas tries to reassure me but it doesn't really work.

"Yeah, easy for you to say. It's not your literal first day at school." I shoot him a pointed look and cross my arms over my chest.

"C'mon, Thena. We'll all be there, there's nothing to worry about." Matteo turns around from the passenger seat to give me a confident grin.

We're currently driving to school in Ares' car. I'm sandwiched between Apollo and Atlas while Ares is obviously driving with Matteo next to him. He called shotgun before we even got out of the house, that boy...

Alex took Noah to school because he couldn't fit in the car with all of us and he started a bit later as well.

Yesterday I had to take a placement test since I had never been to school before so they could determine which year's classes I should attend. I'm proud to say that I'm an official junior since I aced almost every single question.

What can I say, I had a lot of free time when I lived on my own. I didn't take studying lightly because I knew that if I wanted to get a job in the future I would need all the knowledge I could get. That was before my brothers got in the picture though...

"Seriously, no need to be nervous. You're gonna do great and everyone will love you" Apollo nudged me slightly.

"How would you know that. What if they all hate me and I fail all my classes. Maybe we should reconsider, you could take me back and I-"

"Too late, we're already here" Ares shot me a smirk through the rear view mirror. That asshole is enjoying this.

I took a deep breath, as a futile attempt to calm my nerves. I look around and notice that everyone has exited the car and they are now waiting for me.

I close my eyes and with a final sigh I make my way out. Once I close the door behind me a take a look at my surroundings and find everyone staring at my brothers. Wait, no. They're staring at me.

No matter how nervous I am I know that cowering away will do me not good so I put on my emotionless mask and hold my head high. I turn around to look at my brothers and find proud expressions adorning their faces.

Apollo grins at me and throws his arm over my shoulders. "Not bad, baby sis. Not bad at all." He says while ruffling my hair.

"Hey!" I turn to glare at him. "None of that!" I warn while fixing my hair.

I notice that the rest of my brothers have formed a sort of wall around me, glaring at every male that even dares to look my way.

Ares is on my relf, Matteo next to Apollo on my right and Atlas right behind us.

"What's with the face?" I ask with a grin.