Chapter 35

"So, So you think you can tell heaven from hell?"
-Pink Floyd

Life is good.

That's my first thought when I wake up from someone attacking my face with sloppy kisses. I try swatting his face away but he just whines and keeps going.

"Cadee stop!" I giggle out and finally, with a last lick, he jumps off the bed.

I try to wipe my face with the sleeve of my pyjamas when a deep chuckle from beside me steals my attention.

"You think this is funny?" I raise my eyebrow towards a grinning Grayson.

"I do, actually." He laughs.

"Is that so?" I smile, while slowly climbing over him and taking his face in my hands. "Let's see if you like this then!"

I start attacking his face with kisses, on his cheeks, on his forehead, on his nose and finally on his mouth.

He laughs and hugs my waist, pulling me closer to him, kissing me back. My sneaky attack turns into a slow, loving kiss, with our lips dancing together like they've found their forever partner.

All too soon it's over, though, and we're both left with lazy smiles on our faces. I give him one last peck and lie my head down on his chest. His strong arms wrap around me and he kisses the crown of my head.

"Could you please wake me up like this everyday?"

I tilt my head so that I'm looking up at him. "What's in it for me?" I ask and bite down on my lip, trying to suppress a smile as he gasps in mock hurt.

"I'm wounded, love." He sniffles and I giggle. I peck his cheek again and finally get off of him.

"C'mon, get up. We have school."

He groans. "Let's just stay home today. I think I've caught a bug or something. Hey, maybe you should kiss it away!" He grins at me and opens his hands widely, ready for a hug.

"Aren't you funny." I roll my eyes at him. "Get up already or we're gonna be late!" I finally say, making my way towards the bathroom to get ready.

Not long after we're both making our way downstairs for breakfast, hands joined together.

Once we enter the kitchen all eyes turn on us and a series of good mornings is heard.

"Um..." Apollo begins, staring at our hands with a confused expression. "So, you're a thing now? Is that what's happening?"

"Like it wasn't just a matter of time...Dumbass." Ares matters with an eyeroll and sips his coffee.

"A blind man could have seen the sexual tension oozing off of them" Matteo explains to, a still weirded out, Apollo.

"Oozing..." I whisper with a scrunched up face but no-one seems to hear me as Apollo's voice rings out again.

"And we're okay with this? Alex?" We all turn to look at our older brother who peacefully eats his breakfast. He slowly puts his fork down, takes out his gun and calmly rests it on the table.

"I belive he knows not to hurt her." He answers Apollo. "Don't you, Grayson?"

The later nods. "You don't have to worry about that, Alex." Grayson replies as he slowly places his hand on the small of my back and leads me to the table.

"This has to be the most embarrassing thing I've ever had to experience, let's not do that ever again." I mutter as I take a sit beside Enzo.

"Sue us for looking out for our little sister." Anthony grumbles before shoving a fork full of pancakes in his mouth.