Chapter 36

"I didn't have it in myself to go with grace and so the battleships will sink beneath the waves"
-Taylor Swift

When lunch time finally rolls around Atlas and I head towards the cafeteria to meet the new students.

"So... What do you think about the new kids?" I nudge Atlas with my elbow.

"I don't know... They seem cool, I guess?" He shrugs.

"Are you asking me?" I smile up at him.

He looks down with a smile of his own. One that quickly turns into a frown.

"I don't know, I just- I've been having this feeling since I woke up. Like something's wrong, you know? I don't wanna blame it on the new kids, though. It's fine- I'm fine... It'll just go away on its own."

"Hey" I grab his hand and stop him in his tracks, "Don't do that. Don't ignore your feelings just because they might be wrong. You're allowed to have bad days."

He looks at me and nods his head with a small smile. "Thanks, Thena."

With that we continue to walk towards the cafeteria.

Once we arrive we are surprised to see that nobody is there. Atlas and I share a strange look because we were late and we figured that they would be waiting for us. Maybe they saw that we weren't coming and left? Or were they held up at one of their classes and are on their way now?

Atlas spots Matteo walking by and asks him if he has seen the new students.

"Who, Hulk and his girl?" Matt asks.
"Nope, haven't seen them since this morning. Sorry guys."

With that he entered the cafeteria and went straight to our brothers.

"So, what?" I ask Atlas, "Do we just wait, cause I'm kinda hungry too and I'm grumpy when I'm hungry so I do-"

My rambling gets interrupted by the voice of a girl calling my name. I turn around and look quizzically at the young brunette who blushes furiously at the attention.

"Um, aham, hi?"

I raise an eyebrow. "Hello?"

"Uh, are you Athena? Moretti? Athena Moretti?" She asks, stuttering.

"Yeah, do you need something?"

"No no, I don't, I just... You know he asked and, I don't really know him, but I have this thing and I can't say no and I know it's really bad for me but I can't really control it. I just hate confrontation, hate it... It's not like it's something crazy to do, his request I mean, I don't mind it, but he doesn't really know me and the girl was like, super intimidating and I-"

"Sweetheart, calm down. What's your name?" Atlas interrupts the girl.

"Um, Right, sorry. I get carried away sometimes without really realizing and... Right, my name is Amy. It's actually Amelia but everybody just calls me Amy, or Ames or Melly-poo... That's just my mom actually so..."

"Okay, Amy. Did you need something from me?" I ask.

"Yeah, yes!" She smiles. "This weird guy came up to me with this really tall girl and they wanted to know if I know you. I told them I know of you, I mean everyone knows of you, you're Athena Moretti... Anyway he told me to find you and that you'd be waiting here, which is weird cause how would he know, right? So he told me to tell you that you have until the end of last period to return him the boy? I don't even know what that means. So creepy right?"

I ignore the girl's questions and look up at Atlas with a frown.

"Ivan?" he murmurs.

"I don't know..." I whisper back, "Who else?"